Sunday, May 6, 2018

Hi Best-Tea!



Hi Crafty Friends,

Apparently today is Beverage Day, so I thought it was the perfect opportunity to pull out my Mama Elephant Tea-Time die set to create a teapot shaped card. I love creating shaped cards.

I also pulled out my Altenew Monochrome Washi Tape which I purchased recently. This is amazing!!!! I don't really use washi tape much on cards, but this comes in a roll which is 4 1/2 inches wide so you can cover a complete card or more. I covered a piece of cardstock large enough to fit the teapot die with the washi tape and then die cut the teapot. I then used the coordinating dies to die cut the handle, spout and lid in navy blue cardstock.


I added a sentiment from the Art Impressions Valentine Bears stamp set, I am not a valentine card maker but I knew this stamp set would work for many other occasions so I had to have it. I love that "Hi Best-Tea!" sentiment ... it is like saying hi to a friend.


For the inside of the card I die cut another teapot from navy cardstock and stamped the cute bear in the teacup and sentiment from the same stamp set.

Supplies:



Other:
Tea Time Die - Mama Elephant



2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

That is wonderful - love that wide Washi tape too!

jojot said...

loving your teapots, especially the floral one