Saturday, March 4, 2017

Believe it's Magic


Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Being a brand new month it is time to introduce our new challenge hostess for the month, which is me!!!!

According to the Days of the Year web site, Thursday 2nd March was World Book Day. For our challenge this week take your inspiration for making your card from a book ... adults or children's book whatever you prefer.

As you can see I have chosen Peter Pan as the inspiration for my card.



Earlier in the month I was reorganising my clear and unmounted stamps, it was a lot of work but I now have easier access to a lot more of my stamps. While I was getting the stamps organised in their new homes I came upon this fun The Greeting Farm stamp set called Never Ever. As soon as I saw the stamp set I knew it would be perfect for the challenge.

As you can see I have created a Double Z Fold Pop Up Card. Along the bottom portion of the Z Fold I used the clouds die from the CountryScape Clouds & Grass die set from Elizabeth Craft Designs. I also added the Away with Words - Believe sentiment to the cloud and added the "it's magic" sentiment which is from the stamp set.



I added clouds on the back section for the Z Fold cards so that it would look like the Peter Pan, Wendy and Tinkerbell were flying in the clouds.

I computer generated the sentiment "Flying by with a birthday hi!" and then die cut it  using the ModaScrap Stitched Fishtail Banners.



Here is a close up view of the middle part of my card which is a box shape. Along the two sides I added some London die cut images from an Xcut Build Scene London die set I had to buy when my daughter went to London about two years ago, I am glad I finally found a use for it haha!

I added a couple of 'bridge' pieces to which I added another cloud and Wendy, so she looks like she is also flying (even if she is reading a book).


Finally here is a look at my card when it is closed ready to be placed in an envelope.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.
Birgit Norton (March Guest Designer)


Stamps: Never Ever - The Greeting Farm;
Paper: White; Blue; Teal
Dies: CountryScapes Clouds & Grass; A Way with Words Believe; ModaScrap Stitched Fishtail Banners; Rainbow Sky - Elizabeth Craft Designs; London Build a Scene - Xcut
Other: Black Ink; Evergreen Bough Distress Ink; Foam Tape; Copics


2 comments:

jojot said...

LOVE this one, Hoots....all sorts oof pop ups and beauty

Karen Aicken said...

You know I love those Double Z Fold cards ... this one is fabulous! So many sweet details