Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Ahoy Matey




Hi everyone,

Today I am sharing a card I created using some of my new stamps and die sets I received for my birthday last week.

For my card I used the Clearly Besotted Pirate Party stamp set, which I received from one of my friends. As you can see I created a Gatefold Card .... but it is more than just that it is a Gatefold Shutter Card as you will see in the photos below.


Here you can see the card starting to open with the black square near the top of the card on the inside.


Here you can see the square starting to open up to reveal the hidden image.


And finally the card and the square fully open. To create the Gatefold Shutter Card I used a new die I received for my birthday Magic Card Die - Square by Nellie Snellen. This makes this style of card pretty easy to create, for my first card I was pretty happy with it. 😀

Stamps: Pirate Party - Clearly Besotted
Paper: White; Black; Red; Skating Wild 1 DP - FabScrap; Rough & Tumble DP - Carta Bella
Dies: Magic Card Die Square - Nellie Snellen; ModaScrap Stitched Fishtail Banners; Stitched Squares; Fitted Squares; Dotted Scallop Squares - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape; Copics



2 comments:

jojot said...

fabulous boy card....love the pirate theme

Karen Aicken said...

I haven't seen these dies but I love what your are doing with them!