Saturday, October 15, 2016

Bright and Merry Wishes



Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog.  Our challenge hostess for the month, Caz Counsell continues to issue the challenges.

Being the third Saturday of the month, it is time for another sketch challenge.






For my card today, I decided to play with a technique, that Els van de Burgt shared on a recent Elizabeth Craft Designs Technique Friday video using the various coloured Silk Microfine Glitters to create fun designs on the solid circle ornament from the Ornament Set 3 die set. You can see Els' video here. 

My card isn't exactly square as I wanted the card to be 6 inches wide for the inside pop up and the cardstock I used was in US measurements, so I couldn't add the three dot embellishments to the bottom of my card.

I also used the Stitched Squares; Dotted Scallop Squares; Stitched Circles and Dotted Scallop Circles die sets to decorate the front of my card.  You can find the colors of Silk Microfine Glitters I used on these ornaments down in my supply list at the bottom of the post.



As you can see when you open my card I have a pop up surprise. I have again been playing with the new technique Karen Burniston shared with us recently on her blog, where she adapted the pop up mechanism from her Twist Circle Pop Up die set to create a Twist Circle Pop Up ... as if this wasn't amazing enough, Karen then shared that you can also add pop up panels to the valley folds on the 4 panel piece which is what I did with the ornaments on this inside panel. You can see Karen's blog post on how she does this which also includes the video on how to create a Twist Circle Panel Card here. 

I have inlaid the pieces of the sentiment labels, so that the sentiment didn't interfere with the panel piece when you open and close the card.


Here is a look at my card when it is almost closed so you can see how the 4 panel piece accordion folds shut and twists to the front of the card. 



And one more photo, this time to show the pop up panels on the 4 panel piece. I used the pop up die from the Barrel Basket with Pop Up die set to create the pop up panels on this card.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.

Heidi Green (October Guest Designer)




Stamps: Season's Gifts - Penny Black
Paper: White; Teal; Candy Cane Lane Jolly DP - Bo Bunny
Dies: Twist Circle Pop Up; Labels & Circles; Barrel Basket with Pop Up - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Ornament Set 3; Stitched Squares; Stitched Circles; Dotted Scallop Squares; Dotted Scallop Circles; Sprig with Berries - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products: Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape 64mm; Gold Metallic Shimmer Sheetz; Peony Pink Silk Microfine Glitter; Sea Glass Silk Microfine Glitter; Dark Mint Silk Microfine Glitter; Turquoise Silk Microfine Glitter; Light Gold Silk Microfine Glitter; Fuchsia
Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape



2 comments:

Gmalew said...

Beautiful card, Frances! Perfect blend of paper, dies and glitter, plus the added pop up, wow factor! Love it!

Karen Aicken said...

Glittery holiday perfection