Sunday, April 24, 2016

You're the Coolest



Hi Everyone,

My card today is for a challenge I do with a couple of friends of mine. Each month we get together and go to our favorite paper crafts store and come home with one or two new goodies. So we decided to also challenge ourselves each month using a product we all have.

My daughter had sent me this fun Tattered Lace Diamond Fold Card die from London last month and when my friends and I went shopping last month we discovered this same die at the shop we go to and of course they both had to have it :).

I had previously used this die early in March to create a card which you can see here. This time around I wanted to do something different and I had seen an idea on the Tattered Lace web site about using this die to create a Double Diamond Fold Card which is what I decided to do my my card today. The die actually only cuts the middle portion of the card so you can have the sides whatever size you want. To cut a double I just placed the die into the top cut in the card and ran it through my die cutting machine a second time.

To decorate my card I used some stamps from MFT Stamps which I cut using my Scan N Cut.




Here is my card when it is closed ready to be placed in an envelope.

Stamps: Penguins on Paradise - MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Blue; Pink; Yellow; Summer Lovin' DP & Soak Up The Sun DP - Carta Bella
Dies: Diamond Fold Card - Tattered Lace; Outdoor Edges - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Scan N Cut; White Gel Pen; Foam Tape; Copics


3 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Oh, totally COOL!!! I haven't seen this die before and the little penguins are perfect on it.

CASTOWNE said...

This card leaves me speechless, and that's hard to do! This is AWESOME!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Very cool idea doubling it since it was small the first time around. Hope I can find the video for it.