Thursday, April 21, 2016

Magical Day


Hi everyone,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Our challenge hostess for the month Anne Harmon continues to issue the challenges.


Spring brings lots of changes to our landscapes.  Make a scenic card, and be sure to add some RED! 


I received this fun Mushroom Home Stamp/Die set recently from my friend Maryann which I have been wanting to play with since my birthday but haven't had the opportunity. So I decided to make this work for our challenge this week.


As you can see I have created a pop-up card using the Lots of Pops Pop Up Card die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. I used cloud and grass designer paper to set my scene and then added the various elements to my card.

The elves used on this card are ones I have had for years from Art Impressions, it was fun pulling them out and I used my Scan N Cut to cut out each image ... I am loving not having to cut out these images :). I also used the Scan N cut to cut all the elements on the mushroom house so I could have them in white rather than the kraft color I used for my mushroom.



Here is another view of my card taken at a different angle so you can see the pop up part of the card a little easier.

The sun is from the Oval Pull Card die set.




For the front of my card I have created another scene similar to the one on the inside but with different elves.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:


Anne Harmon
Joanne Grzelak
Liz Williams
Lois Bak
Lynn McAuley
Maryann Einam
Vicky Gould


Stamps: Mushroom Home - Stampendous; Magical Castle - Hero Arts
Paper: White; Tan; Red; Yellow; Blue Sky DP - Echo Park; Green Grass DP - Doodlebug Design Inc.
Dies: Lots of Pops Pop Up Card; Rectangle Pull Card - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Stitched Ovals - Elizabeth Craft Designs; Fence; Circle Stax - MFT Stamps
Other: Black Ink; Frayed Burlap Distress Ink; Foam Tape; Copics


8 comments:

Vicky Gould said...

You always put so much attention to detail in your cards, Frances! This is just adorable!

CASTOWNE said...

This must have taken FOREVER to create, but what a card!!!!!!! FABULOUS!

Liz Williams said...

Full of fun and love the red and white mushroom!

Lois said...

How totally cute is this card! I love your elves playing under the mushrooms.

Lynn McAuley said...

Love this fun toadstool cottage! What a precious pop-up card, Frances!

Joanne (jojot) said...

that cloud dp still captures my attention....LOVE IT......and the card, well...once again you displayed your fancy fold and decorating magic

Karen Aicken said...

Totally fun card ... and once again I am admiring your colouring skills.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Amazing scene, complete with RED, and those kids are so cute! Love the one climbing over the fence!