Thursday, December 10, 2015

Most Wonderful Time of the Year





Hi everyone, 

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. This week Joanne continues as our challenge hostess for the month. 

Did you know? There are occasional "Leap Seconds" added to the official year. They help to correct minor variations in time. On December 31, 2015, the folks who maintain the official time for the planet, will add an extra second to the day! To honor this, the
challenge for this week is to incorporate time into your card…..a
clock, a calendar, a date, a watch, etc.

This is our last challenge for 2015 as we are all taking a break, but we will be back ready to stamp up a storm at the beginning of January 2016.

For my card today I created an Accordion Card using the Ring Accordion die set and the Clock & Gears die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.



Here is a close up of the first two pages of my card. I added Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Sheet to the front of my white card, die cut the clock and then added Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter over the adhesive to add some sparkle to the clock face. 

Rather then use the hands of the clock which comes in the set, I substitute some holly leaves and then added a berry in the centre (which is actually the negative circles from the Oval Dots Frame Edges).

For the 2nd page I added a sentiment and then used the numbers 2; 5 and 12 which I covered with True Red Silk Microfine Glitter to represent the date 25th December.


As I had just picked up the dies for the Bird Crazy stamp set and also the accessory stamp set for it I decided to add one of the birds to my third page. I colored all elements using Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers.




Here is my card when it is closed ready to be placed in an envelope.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:


Anne Harmon
Joanne Grzelak
Liz Williams
Lois Bak
Lynn McAuley
Maryann Einam
Sabrina Friel
Vicky Gould


Stamps: Seasons Greetings - Couture Creations
Paper: White; Red; Green; Kringle & Co DP - American Crafts
Dies: Ring Accordion Card; Clocks & Gears; Oval Dots Frame Edges - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Garden Notes Holiday Berry & Berries - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products: Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Sheet; Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter; True Red Silk Microfine Glitter
Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape; Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers



9 comments:

sgc said...

Frances--I love this card. Those bird stamps are SO cute. Interesting info about "leap seconds".

Vicky Gould said...

Any card that uses Crazy Birds is a winner to me, Frances. Love your flip card with your timely message!

Liz Williams said...

Frances, your stamp studio must be amazing. You seem to have just the right stamp, for just the right theme, for just the right time of the year, and in addition to that these amazing dies!! I am always in awe!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Your accordian die is of course awesome, and the clock and bird are wonderful in it! Great coloring.

Lois said...

How fun is this one, Frances! I really love those accordion cards you make.

Sabrina said...

Love your Christmas bird - and also the holly leaf hands on the clock - brilliant!

Joanne (jojot) said...

absolutely fabulous....truly a 'timely' masterpiece with fun

Karen Aicken said...

Awesome card - and perfect colours.

Lynn McAuley said...

Fabulous work, Frances. I think I have the same look on my face as your delightful crazy bird when I think of all that I still need to complete for Christmas! But it is the most wonderful time of the year, and I love every minute of it!

Wishing you and those you love a blessed Christmas!