Sunday, May 23, 2010

Scherenschnitte Silhouette Technique

Scherenschnitte-silhouette-

Hi everyone and happy Sunday!

My card today is a card I created for a project at a club I attend with a few friends each month. This is a technique based project using the “Scherenschnitte Silhouette Stamping” technique. You can find a tutorial on this over on the Resource section of SCS.

To create my card I stamped the image onto black paper using clear embossing ink and then embossed with gold embossing powder. You can use any color powder because you won’t see it but gold helps you to see the image that you need to cut out more clearly.

Once I had embossed my image, I then cut out my design cutting close to the edge …. again it doesn’t matter if you cut into the embossing powder because you won’t see it.

To attach your image to your card you apply adhesive to the embossed part of the image and attach it to your card embossed side down. My first attempt at this I actually applied my glue to the black side as we are so used to adhering to the back of the image not the front … so of course I had to stamp and cut out another flower … arghhhhhhhh! Oh well lesson learnt and I made sure I did it correctly the second time, even asking the girl next to me to watch me and yell if I started applying glue to the wrong part hehe!

Stamps: Inspired By Nature; Upsy Daisy – SU
Paper: White; Black; Red
Other: Black Ink; Versamark Ink; Gold EP; Red Grosgrain Ribbon; Black Button

aa-owl-signature

6 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Hey GF this is a whole new side of you...LOL...and I love it!!!! GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS CARD Frances!!! The technique looks awesome!!! Hugs ~S~

Joanne (jojot) said...

stunning

Cindy Haffner said...

Cool idea Frances!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Neat technique with a gorgeous result Hoots!!

Silli said...

This is soooo pretty, love the idea...great colors...

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Stunning! You totally rocked this technique... gotta give it a try sometime!