Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Paige's Christmas & Some News!

Hi everyone hope you are all enjoying your day. First up I have some news I have been wanting to share with you all week.

I have been asked to be September's Guest Designer for Spiral Whisper, this is a stamp company based in the UK and they have lots of fun stamps. They have also just released a whole heap of new stamps if you haven't seen this company before go check it out ... oh and they also have a blog which has some great card ideas too.

I normally like to have a card using the stamps from the company I am talking about when I tell you things like this, but unfortunately my stamps haven't arrived here yet ... they are on their way and I had hoped they would be here by now but not so far :( .... now if I didn't need them in a hurry they probably would be here already, you know how it goes right. Anyway as soon as I receive them I will get busy and stamp up some cards to share with you.

OK now onto my card I have to share with you today .... I did get in the mail today my Rubber Romance stamps that I ordered about 3 weeks ago ... I didn't think they were gonna make it either arghhhhhh ... but they did! So of course I wanted to play with them so I used this fun Paige sitting on Gift which I have been wanting for some time. I love this stamp and it can be used for any time of the year just by using different colors. As you can see with Christmas only a few months away I decided to make mine a Christmas card.

I stamped my image out 3 times .... 2 times on white card and once on the patterned designer paper. I cut out the present only from designer paper omitting the ribbon and attached that to my base image. Then I also cut out the girl from the other white card I had stamped and attached her over the main image using foam tape so she is raised. When I colored her dress I went back with the clear spica pen to give the dress a glittery look to make it more festive. I added a paper pierced corner to the top left corner of this image and "Merry Christmas" to the right side.

The blue panel down the bottom of the card was embossed using my snow dots cuttlebug embossing folder.

Recipe:
Stamps: Paige on Gift - Rubber Romance; Sentiment - Gina K
Paper: White; Brocade Blue, Kiwi Kiss & Riding Hood Red - SU; DP - Kaiser
Other: Black Ink; Snowdots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Red Grosgrain Ribbon; Paper Piercing Tool & Mat; Spiral Brads; Foam Tape; Clear Spica Pen; Copics



6 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

She is a beauty Frances, bummer about your stamps. Congrats on being guest designer.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! I think I *need* that stamp :)

Congratulations on your new assignment as Guest Designer for Spiral Whisper. I can't wait to see your beautiful cards!

Melissa said...

Lovely!

Many Blessings,
M.

Bev Gerard said...

Oooooh la laaaaah!
I wonder what could be in a package like this! Great idea!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card! You've inspired me to pull out my RR stamp, like this. Congrats to you, can't wait to see what you do!

Christina said...

Congratulations on being guest designer!
I love this card!