Monday, August 4, 2008

Laugh Clown Laugh!

Happy Monday everyone, I hope you all had an enjoyable weekend. Well as you know on Mondays I always do a challenge with my goofy CCEE friends on SCS. As it is a new month that means that we get a new hostess, this month I get to issue all the challenges each week .... I can't wait to see what they do each week.

Anyway onto today's challenge:
I like acetate or transparent card ...... you can find a tutorial for this in the resources section of SCS, if you have never done them before. Click here for the Acetate Card Tutorial.
I was also checking on special holidays for this time of year and notice that it is "Clown Week" 1 - 7th August each year in the US & also that Lucille Ball was born on the 6th August .... so my challenge this week is:
To create an acetate or transparent card that has a humorous theme to it. You can see my friends cards on our CCEE Stampers blog. Don't forget you can play along too, just leave a comment on our CCEE Stampers blog so we can check out your card and if you upload to SCS please use the keyword CCEEC

As you can see I decided to use a clown on my card, I think we all know how humorous clowns can be and it definitely fits in with it being clown week. The stamp used here is a cheap one I purchased a few years back ... it is actually a series of 6 clowns. I used my long rectangle nestabilities to create my layers for the clown panel. The turquoise scallop layer is actually attached to the inside front of my card to hide the adhesive used to attach the clown layer.

The dotted paper is attached to the inside back panel, again with the turquoise being on the back to hide the adhesive. I stamped the word laugh all around the 3 sides of the front of the acetate card using black stazon ink. I used star punches to create the star accents on this card.

Recipe:
Stamps: Clown - Unknown; Laugh Sentiment - Hero Arts
Paper: White; Real Red & Tempting Turquoise - SU; Dotted DP - Pebbles Inc
Other: Black Ink; Star Punches; Red Stripe Grosgrain Ribbon; Blue & Red Brads; Long Rectangle Nestabilities; Foam Tape


1 comment:

Cindy Haffner said...

So cute, love your happy colors.