Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It's Cold Outside!

I guess it is a little cold outside today but not overly cold as winter is almost over down here in Australia and I am beginning to look forward to Spring.

Today's card is for the weekly sketch challenge over on SCS, this week I decided to play with one of my new Elzybell Stamps I received in the mail yesterday ... this cute penguin is one of the new Christmas stamps which were released recently.

To create this card I used the snow dots cuttlebug embossing folder to create texture on the white panel on the left of the card. I also used my new Martha Stewart Doily Lace Edge Punch to create my border on the middle navy piece. I don't seem to have many navy brads, but I did discover I had some glitter ones so I added them to the top left corner of my card.

Recipe:
Stamps: Fishing Penguin - Elzybells; Sentiment - The Cat's Pajamas
Paper: White; Bashful Blue, Night of Navy & DP - SU
Other: Black Ink; Soft Sky SU Ink; Glitter Brads; Doily Lace Edge Punch; Glitter Glue; Bashful Blue Grosgrain Ribbon; Copics



5 comments:

Rachel Hope said...

I love everything! So cute!

Vicki G said...

Glad to hear that you are moving into Spring Frances!!!! Means that our winter is fast approaching. So nice to hear your voice last night. The little penguin card is adorable as always!!!!!!

Vicki

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable card!! Love that little penguin:) TFS

Angel said...

This is adorable! Love it!

Debi said...

Frances this is adorable. I so love her images and the penguins are the best.