Monday, June 9, 2008

Black Magic Flower!

Wow it is another week already .... Monday's just arrive so quickly don't they! Of course that means it is time for another challenge with my goofy CCEE friends! I always look forward to doing our challenges every week.

This week our challenges was "to create a card using any kind of polka dots & gingham ribbon". Not to difficult a challenge this week .... and one some of our CCEE members should enjoy esp considering some of them just love polka dots!

I recently discovered the "Black Magic" technique and wanted to play with that this week ..... using my new acquired Fabulous Flowers Set from SU. This is a really easy technique to do. I stamped the flower out 3 times using white pigment ink onto black card and then allowed this to dry. I then too two different colored pink prismacolor pencils and colored in the flower petals. Once the flower was colored I outlined each petal using a white pen. I then cut out each flower ... to get 3 different layers and used my bone folder to give them a little shape before securing them together with a black jewel brad.

Ok now to the challenge requirements ... I used my swiss dots cuttlebug embossing folder to add the dots to my blush blossom layer and also used the rose red DP that had polka dots. For my gingham ribbon ... yes it is there Cindy M ... check again LOL ... I layered it onto my black ribbon before tying it into a bow and adding it to my card. Phew no buzzer for me this week.

Don't forget to check out our CCEE Stampers blog so you can see what the rest of my CCEE friends created this week!

Recipe:
Stamps: Fabulous Flowers & Wonderful Words - SU
Paper: Black; Rose Red, Blush Blossom & Rose Red DP - SU
Other: Black Ink; White Pigment Ink; Pink Prismacolor Pencils; White Gel Pen; Ticket Corner Punch; Word Window Punch; Black Grosgrain Ribbon; Black Gingham Ribbon; Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Black Brads; Black Jewel Brad; Foam Tape



17 comments:

Niki Estes said...

Oh, I love those colors! What a great card!

Anonymous said...

Love this flower. card looks good.
annie

mollymoo951 said...

This is very striking! Love it!

Michele Kovack said...

This looks amazing!! WOW!

wendyp said...

Wow! That flower is stunning!

Janine said...

Just beautiful!! I will have to haul this set out again soon.

Diane said...

Such a fabulous card,I love what you've done with the flower!

Kimberly said...

This is stunning! Love the layering and the colors you used on the flower!!

Jody said...

WOW! This card is gorgeous! That black magic technique is mesmerizing! Haven't seen that before!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, stunning flower!!! I need to try this technique:) tfs

www.martinemussies.nl said...

You have a beautiful website with beautiful pieces of art! Keep up the great work. All the best from the Netherlands!
x Martine (www.martinemussies.nl)

Libby Hickson said...

WOW this is GORGEOUS!!!

Linda Carson said...

STUNNING!

Stacy said...

Absolutely stunning and MAGICAL! Love your blog!

Danita said...

What a stunning card! Thank you for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Oh
My
Word!!!
This is rich!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous technique ... particularly striking with this layered bloom.