Tuesday, August 28, 2007

IrRESISTable Wanted


Today's card is for this week's "Try a New Technique" challenge on SCS. The challenge this week is to combine emboss resist & versamark resist to create our cards.


For my card I first stamps the large circle motif all over the gloss card using versamark ink and emboss with clear embossing powder. I then stamped the stars in between the embossed images using versamark ink and then took my brayer and my cappuccino delight kaleidacolor ink pad to color my card. Once I had added the color I then over stamped the swirl to various parts of the brayered card using the darker part of my rainbow ink pad. Unfortunately it is hard to see the stars on this card they are there but most of them are partly hidden .. if you look closely or click on the photo to make it larger you may be able to see them.

I then layered this piece to chocolate chip card, I added the large brads to the right side of the card and then layered it to my creamy caramel card that I had first sponged all around the edges with both creamy caramel & then chocolate chip ink.

I added 3 rows of paper piercing along the bottom edge of the card. I also stamped another swirl at the top right side of the card and then added the photo corner to the top corner.

Recipe: Stamps: Wanted & Bronc Buster - Stampin' Up
Papers: Creamy Caramel & Chocolate Chip - SU; White Gloss; White
Other:
Creamy Caramel & Chocolate Chip SU Ink; Versamark Ink; Cappaccino Delight Kaleidacolor Ink Pad; Clear EP; Creative Memories Circle Cutter; Scallop Circle Punch; Large Bronze Brads; micro bronze brads; Photo Corner Punch; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool

6 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Another winner...when are you going to be a DD girl?

Wanda said...

Such a fabulous card. I LOVE everything about it. TFS

Carol Dunstan said...

oooh, this has come up great!

Rose Ann said...

I love the resist and paper piercing! Beautiful!!

michelle sturgeon said...

Absolutely beautiful! Great job with the challenge!

Misty said...

I think the ink you chose along with the stamps is an amazing combo. Way to go.
Misty