Friday, August 17, 2007

Flashback Friday - Tic Tac Toe

As much as I love creating cards, it is nice to occasionally create something that isn't a card. This tic tac toe game I created as a gift for a couple of friends for Christmas 2003. The cow stamp I used here is available in both the front and back version of the animal which is just soooo fun cause it gives you a lot more options of what you can do with it. There are also a couple of other animals in this series of stamps which are made by a company in New Zealand called Kiwi-Impressionz.

I thought it would be fun to create a tic tac toe game using the front and the back of the cow as the actual playing pieces rather than using the standard O's & X's. For the game pieces I cut out circles and stamped the front & back of the cow on these. Once all the stamping & coloring were done I laminated the pieces to make them sturdier.
The actual playing board is just squares of card layered onto black card and then white. The hay bale was stamped onto the centre of each square and I also stamped the moo in each corner of the squares. This was also laminated to make it sturdier.

I also wanted a nice way to present this game so I placed it into a ziplock plastic bag and created a topper for the bag. I secured the topper with brads so it was easily removed to get at the game without ruining the topper.


Recipe:
Stamps: Front & Back Cow - Kiwi - Impressionz; Hay & Moo - alota Rubber Stamps; Alphabet Squares - Lucy's Stamps;
Paper: White; Black
Other: Black Ink; Laminate; Black Brads

6 comments:

Mark's Finest Papers said...

OMGosh! This is a fantastic game! WOW! I love that you did it with cows!

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

Whoa! It's unbelieveably wonderful!

Peggy Maier said...

This is the cutest thing I've seen in a long time! You did a great job & I'm sure they loved it!

Anonymous said...

Frances! OMGosh! (closing hanging jaw with hand; jaw flops back open; repeat)

You love Owls. I love Cows! This is awesome.

Now...I'll go back & read all the details. :-D

Rose Ann said...

This is adorable, and such a great idea!!

Monika said...

I just love this, great idea!!!