Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Pink Rose

This weeks sketch challenge is one that can be put together quickly and uses 2 panels on the background. When I first saw this sketch, my first thoughts were to use some of my au chocolat DP for my background, I discovered I still have some of the small dots from both patterns so I went with that. As I was using the au chocolat DP I wanted to also combine this week's color challenge which is to use pretty in pink, Chocolate Chip & Old Olive. Once I knew what colors I was using & my background I then had to decide which stamp to use, I wanted something I could color pink. I had my new mixed bouquet set sitting on my table behind me so I used the rose & leaves from that set.

The rose is stamped using chocolate chip ink and then colored in with markers. The little pink pieces bridging the 2 DP are the bits from the horizontal slot punch. I added the brown bow to the left side of the card to finish it off.

Recipe:
Stamps: Mixed Bouquet - Stampin' Up
Papers: Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive & Au Chocolat DP - Stampin' Up
Other: Chocolate Chip Ink - SU; Ticket Corner Punch, Horizontal Slot Punch - SU; Brown Grosgrain Ribbon

8 comments:

Carolyn said...

Stopped by your blog to admire your cards - they are fabulous - and I love your blog, so informative.

Heather said...

I like your blog! I clicked on your link in SCS. My DH and I collect moose and I really regret I didn't name my blog with something moose related.

Unknown said...

thanks for the tag...great game!

Kitty said...

Gosh that rose card is soooo lovely, you might have tempted me to get this set!!

You have been tagged - check my blog for more info :)

Michele Kovack said...

What a pretty card...love pink and brown together!

Libby Hickson said...

This is gorgeous, great way to combine the challenges!

Shannan Teubner said...

What a gorgeous card! I love it!

Rose Ann said...

This is such a beautiful card! I love the colors!