Monday, July 23, 2007

Just a Note!

It's Monday which means it is time for me to post my cards I created for a special challenge I do with a few friends on SCS. For this weeks challenge, we were all sent the two background papers and images of the drum & just a note verse from the Stampin' Up set Jazzed Up. I actually own this set so I am looking forward to seeing what the other 7 members of our group come up with for this challenge. As I own the set I was also able to use an additional stamp from the set which is the music note down the bottom.

The layout of this card is based on the sketch Beate used for her weekend sketch challenge last week. When I was playing with the drum piece I thought it would work well on this layout so went with it. I used the spots & dots cuttlebug embossing folder to add texture to the background paper of the base card and to help highlight the texture I then sponged over some ink.

Looking at the design now, I can also see how this card would have fitted into this weeks "Ways to Use it" challenges which was about corners - this piece has most of it's corners covered, but I actually created this card on Monday or Tuesday of last week way before that challenge was posted!

This card above is only a 3 x 3 card, originally I was planning on using this square verse on my main card for this challenge but I decided to go with a circle instead for that card as I liked the ideas have having different shapes for each of the pieces used on it. That left this verse with nothing to do and it sat on my desk for sometime, until I decided to create a small 3 x 3 card out of it - I figure it will be good to use to send off to someone when I need to post a cheque or include something for them.

Recipe:
Stamps: Jazzed Up - Stampin' Up
Paper: Miss Molly, Lil Suzie - Cosmo Cricket; Always Artichoke; Vanilla - Stampin' Up; Maroon.
Other: Black Ink; Tea Dye Distress Ink; Brads; Circle Punches; Burgundy Grosgrain Ribbon; Spots & Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Prima Flower

3 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

They are both fantastic.

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

I adore these cards! The papers are drop dead gorgeous, and embossing the background was the perfect touch!

Rose Ann said...

These are wonderful, and so fun! I love the papers and images!