Saturday, July 7, 2007

Hoppy For You

I have finally been able to use this cute little fellow, I have been wanting to for a number of weeks ever since my stamps arrived but until now hadn't got round to it. When I heard that Beate's weekend sketch challenge for the week was to make a "joy fold" card, I knew I had to use these stamps. You can find Beate's tutorial on how to create one of these cards here.

My image is much larger than that used in Beate's tutorial so I adapted the card to suit. The red base card measures 21cm (8.25inch) x 14cm (5.5inch) when completely open or 14cm square when folded shut. My main image is 8.5cm (3 3/8 inch) x 10cm (4inch). The boy is stamped first and then masked and then the reeds are stamped on either side of the boy.

The oval "For You" is placed so that the card can be closed without the folded flap falling open all the time. Down the right side on the flannel plaid piece I have also added paper piercing, that may be hard to see in this photo. When I had completed my card I felt it needed something else on the top left corner so I added 3 eyelets and then threaded through rope which I first colored using my alcohol markers - this is a lot messier than coloring ribbon btw.

Recipe:
Stamps: Boy & Reeds - High Hopes Stamps; Flannel Plaid - Stampin' Up; For You - Print Blocks; Hope your day.... - Darcies
Paper: Real Red & Ballet Blue - Stampin' Up; White
Other: Black Ink; Ballet Blue - SU; Oval Punch - SU; Mini Scallop Scissors; Blue eyelets; Rope

11 comments:

Libby Hickson said...

This is adorable - and your coloring is amazing!

Mary said...

How cute is that!? Love the image and the colors you used are fantastic. Great card.

Mary (toao)

mum-on-the-run said...

Aww, I just love this card!

Your colouring is amazing, well done!!

Anonymous said...

Frances, your card is simply perfect inside and out! What a sweet, sweet card! Thanks so much for always trying out my challenges! I smile when I see your name in my email box! Hugs and smiles

Wanda said...

I was popping in to tag you but your cards caught my eye and I had to leave a comment on them. They are FABULOUS!!

Ok, now "You've been tagged" go to my blog find out what to do!
http://www.starlightstamper.com/2007/07/ive-been-tagged.html

Anonymous said...

Soooo adorable!! You did a *great* job on the challenge! I love it.

Peggy Maier said...

What a cute card! Love the image of the little boy with the frog.

Alhambra Club said...

This card is great, your coloring is wonderful

Unknown said...

You always make the most adorable cards, including this one. This is so perfect in every way!

Heather P. said...

This is SOOO cute! Love that stamped image. :)

Deborah said...

OH I love your colouring. Very nice.