Monday, July 30, 2007

Born to Shop!

Ok well it is Monday, so it is time for me to post the weekly challenge I do with a group of friends on SCS. The challenge this week was to use Basic Grey Papers with any sketch to create a card.

The sketch I picked for this card is one I found on Stampin Inspirations blog, this site has some fantastic sketches on it. This is the sketch I picked for this card. The Basic Grey paper is one I have been after for ages ever since I saw someone else use it for a card and I was finally able to find it the other week when I went to a scrapbooking store. It is called Recognition and is part of the Scarlet Letter range.

I have done paper piecing for the shopping bags using the same paper as I did for the background and also paper piercing on 3 of the corners of the white card. I also got to use my new photo corner punch on this this morning to finish it off adding the corners to the top left and bottom right panels.


Recipe:
Stamps: Girl - Rubber Romance; Born to Shop - Stamp It (Aust); Crosshatch B/G - Printblocks (Aust)
Papers: Real Red - SU; White; Black; Recognition Scarlett Letter - Basic Grey
Other: Black Ink; Real Red SU Ink; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; Black Brads; Photo Corner Punch

4 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, love this stamp

Anonymous said...

This is a fabulous looking card! I love the DP and also the dimension you achieved with the shopping bag.

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Love the look. THE BG papers work nicely for her bags!! Great job. Chris

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Love this card! The red and black go so great together with this image. Awesome job!