Sunday, July 22, 2007

Ahoy it's Beate's Sketch Time!

I have taken my nose out of our Harry Potter book long enough for me to get my sketch challenge card made for Beate's weekend sketch. I am over half way through so far so if I don't finish it late tonight - I definitely will tomorrow - the housework can wait!

I recently found these background papers at a couple of scrapbook stores, the striped one I purchased a few weeks back and then while out with a friend on Tuesday I found the spotted one so decided to get that too. I knew one day I would want to use it with my 'ahoy matey' set. When I saw the sketch for this week on Beate's blog I knew I had to play with it. I had to turn the sketch on it's side so that I could use the pirate on this card.

On the blue piece of card at the bottom left - I stamped the "x trail" onto the card using black ink and then used my cuttlebug spots & dots embossing folder to embossing the card, I also sponged the edges with black ink.

The shadow the pirate is standing on was stamped using weathered wood distress ink - I stamped off once on scrap paper before stamping on my card.

Recipe:
Stamps: Ahoy Matey - Stampin' Up
Papers: Real Red - Stampin' Up; Black; White; Pirate Stripes & Pirate Bandana DP - Sandylion
Other: Black Ink; Weathered Wood Distress Ink; Creative Memories Oval Cutter; Spots & Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Word Window Punch; Brass Brads.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frances, that is so very, very cute! I absolutely love it. Great paper for this set! Thanks so much for always trying out my sketches. You rock!!! Hugs and smiles

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, love the background paper.

mum-on-the-run said...

Love what you've done with the sketch, cute pirate too :)

Corie said...

Love it. You always create such masterpieces. Love all the color on this card.

Anonymous said...

This is adorable! I love how it looks like the bird is all excited and trying to get the pirate's attention - very cute :)

Anonymous said...

Frances, I love your color choice! Great card, very cute!

Diane Gilbert said...

This is really cute! I love this set, the paper you used is perfect!

Heather P. said...

Oh my goodness, this is just TOO cute!! :)