Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Unforgettable


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a card I made recently using a couple of the new dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs. 

The background of this card was created using the new Kaleidoscope Background ... instead of using it as a die cut background, I decided to try the letterpress technique that Jennifer McGuire shared on her blog about a month ago.

The die normally cuts a panel 4 inches x 5 1/4 inches, however I wanted to create a square card. So after letter pressing the die cut onto watercolor paper, I then cut the panel into two pieces slightly lower than the centre mark and then layered this onto a piece of white card 5 1/4 inches square before laying on to pink cardstocks.

To hid the gap in the middle of the card I added stripe of pink card that I used the scallop border die from the Valentine Edges die set to create a fancy edge. I then added the A Way with Words - Unforgettable sentiment to the centre of the panel.

To finish off the card I added two flowers from the Blooms and Leaves Clear Stamp set with coordinating dies and leaves from the Blossom Time Clear Stamp set with coordinating dies.


For the inside of the card  have again used the scallop border from the Valentine Edges die set and add the "Be Yourself" sentiment from the A Way with Words - Be Brave Bold Yourself die set.

Supplies

Elizabeth Craft Designs:



Other:
Cardstock - White; Pink; Deep Pink
Black Ink
Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide
Foam Tape
Copics




1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Enjoyed seeing your letterpress background!