Wednesday, November 8, 2017

November 2017 Karen Burniston Designer Challenge


Hi Crafty Friends,

Welcome to our November Karen Burniston Designer Challenge.

Check out Karen Burniston's blog on Wednesday (US Time) when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus Karen will have an amazing video tutorial to share with us all.

This month the theme for our challenge is .... "GINGERBREAD" - incorporate a gingerbread element into your card.

If you didn't know already Karen Burniston is releasing five new dies this month. Once of the dies she is releasing is the Tag Book Pop-up die set ..... love love love this die set. Last year Karen shared on her blog how to create a CascadingTag Book using the Adirondack Chair for the main part of the tag book. Well this die set was inspired by that project and I have to say it is so much easier to create. I made about 3 or 4 of the previous version so I was excited to see this die set.



On the far right tag I added a "Gingerbread House" which was created using the House & Fence Pop-up die set. I die cut all the house elements from brown cardstock and then using a white gel pen to create the 'icing details'. 



On the left hand tag I added the Merry Christmas sentiment from the Word Set 3 die set.



For the centre panels, I added the square panels which are included in the Tag Book Pop-up die set and then added two Gingerbread Men which are from the Winter Charms die set.




To decorate the front of my Tag Book I created gingerbread elements using the house from the House & Fence Pop-up die set, I also added two tiny gingerbread men from the Winter Charms die set.

For the snow along the bottom of the card I used the snow border from the Nature Edges die set. 

To finish off the card I computer generated the "Gingerbread Wishes" sentiment.


Don't forget to visit Karen Burniston's blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month.


Supplies:

Karen Burniston:



Other:

Cardstock - White; Red; Green; Light Green
 It's Christmas Collection Paper Pad - Alison Kreft Designs
White Gel Pen
Black Glaze Pen 
Red Ribbon 
Green Ribbon
Green Twine
Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter 
Foam Tape



4 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Such bright and cheery colours for this fun card!

jojot said...

wow...wow....WOW

Cheryl Cain said...

Beautiful tag book! I love those tiny gingerbread men from the winter charms set. The pop up house has long been one of my favorite dies, you turned it into a lovely gingerbread house!

Marlene L said...

Wonderful Tag Book! The house looks good enough to eat!