Saturday, May 20, 2017

Hoot Hoot Hoo-ray!


Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Barb Anders our challenge hostess for the month, continues to issue the challenges.

Being the third Saturday of the month it is time for a sketch challenge. This time round Barb has added an extra twist to the challenge by turning the sketch into a birthday card seeing it is Barb's birthday today.





As you can see I have changed the square layout to a rectangle layout, but other than that the sketch is the same. As my card was owl themed I used a couple of owl sentiments on the front and also added a tiny owl from Papertrey Ink at the side of the fishtail banner.



For the inside of my card I used a new owl (for me) that came from a friend in the UK via my daughter who was visiting there recently. I paper pieced various designer papers onto the owl, it seems like ages since I have used this technique.

As you can see I have created a pop up card, I used the pop up that comes with the Pop it Ups Hot Air Balloon die set. On the top part of the card I added a Speech Bubble from the ECD Speech Bubble Edge Options die set and added a sentiment.

On the bottom edge of the card I used the Cloud die from the CountryScapes Clouds & Grass die set. 



I used a number of different owl themed sentiments from various companies, the advantage of having so many owl stamp sets. I could pick the ones where the size and theme suited my card.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.

Lori Tecler (May Guest Designer)

Stamps: Patch Owl - Woodware Craft Collection; Five Whoots Set - Art Impressions; Owl Be There - JustRite Stamps; Wise Owl - Papertrey Ink; Birthday Owl - Dare 2B Artzy
Paper: White; Orange; Perfectly Plaid Fall DP - Lawn Fawn; Tea Lovers DP - Fabscraps
Dies: Pop it Ups Hot Air Balloon; Pop it Ups Katie Label Pivot Card; CountryScapes Clouds & Grass; ModaScrap Stitched Fishtail Banners; Speech Bubbles Edgy Options - Elizabeth Craft Designs;
Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape; Copics







1 comment:

essay best said...

these cards designs are awesome and creative with different kinds of owl on it. i am impressed with your creations. This is something a great way to celebrate anyone's special day.