Thursday, March 2, 2017

Mother's Day



Hi everyone,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Being a brand new month it is time to introduce our new challenge hostess which is Lynn McAuley.


In honor of “Old Stuff” Day, make a card or project making use of some of your earliest stamps of your collection, or make use of old supplies in your stash, or a vintage image of something from the past. 


I decided to opt for using some of my earliest stamps. They definitely aren't the first I purchased but some of what I used for my card today has been in my collection for about 22 years so I figure that is old enough right!

As you can see I have created a pivot card using the Pop it Ups Katie Label Pivot Card die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.

For the front of my card I also used a stamp set called Sarah Jane, which consists of a head, arms and legs and you can then add anything you like in the middle. As you can see, here i decided to add a present to the middle.



As I said earlier I have had the Sarah Jane stamp set for a long time, but some time after I had the girl I discovered there was a boy version which I had to buy too ... his name is Joshua. So I decided to use both on the inside of my pivot card.

I thought this would make a fun Mother's Day card as my daughter has a boy and a girl, so this card can be used for a Mother's Day card for her in the future. I always need to make a fair few Mother's Day cards each year so this gives me a head start 😀.

Even the sentiments are fairly old ones I have had in my stash forever!



I love that pivot cards can also be pretty on the back view too. As you can see I didn't really decorate the back much on this particular card other than add some designer paper to the side.


Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:




Stamps: Sarah Jane; Joshua; A Mother Holds - Printworks; Present - Darcie Stamps;  Just for Mother's Day - Print Blocks
Paper: White; Pink; Dark Pink; Cotton Candy DP - Kaisercraft
Dies: Pop it Ups Katie Label Pivot Card - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape; Copics



7 comments:

Liz Williams said...

Love your pivot card and wow, those colors are some of my favorites. I love these adorable little girls. I really love that country look from 20 years ago.

Lynn McAuley said...

What a precious card!! I remember when these pigeon-toed cuties were turning up everywhere!! Beautiful work, Frances!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

So cute! And I guess 22 years is old enough!!

Lois said...

So sweet!

Karen Aicken said...

Love this for two reasons. One, it's a great card. :-) Two, I'm on a mission to use older stuff from my stash this year so I'm doubly impressed.

Vicky Gould said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day card, Frances!!! You have the best of the best stamps!!

jojot said...

they may be 'old' but they are still working for you