Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Paper Pros Challenge #1


Hi everyone,

My card today was created for our first Paper Pros challenge. So what is Paper Pros ... well we used to be known as the Pop It Ups Design Team, unfortunately there is no longer a need for a Pop It Ups Design Team, but as we have all became friends over the years and have gotten so used to having a challenge at least once a month, we have decided to stay together and change our name to Paper Pros.

Our challenge this month is hosted by Summer with the challenge ..... 

How about shaking it up? --- a challenge all about shaking... Whether a 
shaker card or action wobbler... Just a whole lotta shaking going on!


I wanted to try something a little different so I decided to create a shaker card on a pop up card.



I have created a Window Card using the Pop It Ups Lorna Label Pop Up using the tutorial shared with us all last year. You can find her tutorial on how to create the Window Card here

One of my friends gave me this cute Clearly Besotted stamp set for Christmas which I have been wanting to play with and as I knew I could fit the mice into the Lorna Label, it was a good excuse to get it out and play.

For the shaker part of the card while I had the label part of the die in the middle of the label on the main pop up die to create the frames for the windows. I cut out about 6 extra frames using white cardstock that had Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back (one I die cut on the front instead so I could use this to attach the acetate to, so I didn't get adhesive all over the acetate). 

I then stack all the white frames together and adhered the acetate to the pink frame. 

Next I decorated the inside area of the shaker, added some chunky glitter and a couple of colored seed beads and carefully added the acetate frame over the top.




As you can see along the bottom edge of the card on both the front and inside I added snow using the Pop It Ups Outdoor Edges die set which was then covered using Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter.


Finally I added the sentiments which were die cut using the ModaScrap Stitched Fishtail Banners.

All the images I cut out using my Scan N Cut.

You can see what the other "Paper Pros" created for this challenge on there blogs:




Stamps: On Thin Ice - Clearly Besotted
Paper: White; Pink; DP
Dies: Pop It Ups Lorna Label Pop Up; Pop It Ups Outdoor Edges; ModaScrap Stitched Fishtail Banners - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products: Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape 101mm; Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
Other: Black Ink; Chunky Glitter; Scan N Cut; Foam Tape; Copics


3 comments:

S@ndy Diller said...

Love your card Frances, you are so clever in the use of the window and the happy characters are so cute. I love having the challenges again.

dyeandpigment said...

Great card. Love how I can look through the first window to see into the second one. Very creative. Thanks so much.

jojot said...

amazing as always....you have such a knack for 'decorating' these cards...I have no trouble with the bases, but the 'decorating' frustrates me