Monday, December 26, 2016

December 2016 Pop It Ups Designer Challenge #2


Hi everyone,

Welcome to our second Pop It Ups Designer Challenge for December. This time round our challenge was set by Sandy Diller who gave us the theme ... "Party Animals" - use any of the Character dies for a card celebrating the New Year or anything else!

For my card today I created a Z fold card using the Tags Pivot Card.




As you can see I have used Jinks the Monkey which I die cut three times one so that it would be the mirror image of the other two. I also used the bucket from the Barrel Basket with Pop Up die set which my monkeys I climbing out of. The monkeys in the basket was inspired by a couple of cards by fellow Design Team member Fran Sabad. 

As it is supposed to be a party theme I also added party hats for each of the monkeys which is from the Props 2 die set.



For the tag part of the card I the happy birthday sentiment from the Steampunk Clear Stamp set for the centre tag. 

For the two outer tags I used some of the sentiments from W Plus 9. I also added a party blower to the largest tag which is also from the Props 2 die set.

If you are looking to purchase Karen's Pop It Ups dies in Australia you can find them at Craft Giraffe (now online only).

Don't forget to check out  Karen Burniston's blog  on Tuesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus an amazing card/video tutorial from Karen Burniston.

Stamps: Steampunk Clear Stamps - Elizabeth Craft Designs; Party Animal - W Plus 9
Paper: White; Black; Brown; Tan; Flesh; Red; Dark Red; Green; Dark Green; Blue; Turquoise; Hip Hip Hooray! Surprise DP - We R Memory Keepers
Dies: Tag Pivot Card; Jinks the Monkey; Barrel Bucket with Pop Up; Props 2- designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products: Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape
Other: Black Ink;  Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink; Corner Rounder; Red Twine; Foam Tape



1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Wow - that is one FUN Barrel of monkeys! Love your card, Frances.