Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Dad


Hi everyone,

Recently I have seen a number of cards created using the Carved Wood Technique as demonstrated by Gina K on Stamp TV. There have been some interesting results so I wanted to give it a go.

For my card today I used two different blues to create the Carved Wood background on my card. As the embossing folder was a Sea Scape with a lighthouse I decided this would be a great card for Father's Day which isn't until September but as I need to make a few it was good to get a head start.




For the inside of the card I just added a couple of Father's Day sentiments.

I enjoyed this technique and managed to get a few different backgrounds made using this technique which I will be sharing here over the next few weeks.


Stamps: Clearly Sentimental About Father's - MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Blue; Dark Blue
Dies: D@d - Lil' Inker Designs; Fishtail Flags Stax - MFT Stamps
Other: Black Ink; Tumbled Glass Distress Ink; Faded Jeans Distress Ink; White Ink; Scorpal; Sea Scape Embossing Folder - Couture Creations


1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Oh, this is so cool! Great masculine card.