Monday, September 12, 2016

September 2016 Pop It Ups Designer Challenge #1


Welcome to our first Pop It Ups challenge for September. This time round, Karen Burniston issues the challenge which is Cute or creepy - you decide!


As you can see I decided to go with the "Creepy" theme for my card today. I have been having lots of fun lately using the Witches Hat and Shoes from the Props 9 die set to create a scene where the witch has fallen head first into something. Well I am still having fun doing that and this time round the witch has falling into her own cauldron ... silly  witch!

For the base of my card I used the Flower Pot Pop Stand Card. Along the bottom edge of my card I added the edge from the Halloween Scene die set and added the two crows which are included in the Iron Fence Pop Up die set. The brooms on either side of the card are also included in the Props 9 die set. 




"Double, Double, toil and trouble, fire burn and cauldron bubble" from the Witches scene in Macbeth which is featured on the designer paper so of course I had to turn the flower pot into a cauldron.

Inside the flower pot/cauldron I of course added the Witches Hat  and Witches Shoes from the Props 9 which I die cut from black card that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the front and then covered the adhesive with Pewter Silk Microfine Glitter.


I added the branches from the Halloween Scene die set which were die cut using black card that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape. I then made a mix of Basic Black Silk Microfine Glitter and Copper Silk Microfine Glitter and used this to cover the adhesive with, I added  eyes from the Midnight the Bat die set which I added to the tree branches ... of course these are supposed to be eye of newt. Hoppy the Frog donated some of his toes which were also added to the cauldron. 

The bat at the back of the cauldron which using one of the stamps from the Halloween Clear Stamp set and the small bat die from the Midnight the Bat die set. You might be glad to know I stopped at adding tongue of dog to my cauldron LOL!

I also added bubbles around the edge of the top of the cauldron and on some of the frogs legs which are from the Bathtub Pop Stand Card die set. To give the bubbles a more witchy cauldron look I added Sea Glass Silk Microfine Glitter

The swirls are from the Cup Pop Stand Card die set which were again covered with Sea Glass Silk Microfine Glitter



For the front of the card I added the fence from the Iron Fence Pop Up card die set. I added one of the crows to the top of the fence on the right hand side of the fence. The "31" sign is from the Halloween Clear Stamp set  and was die cut using the oval from the Anita Frames Pop Up die set. 

The spider and web are both from the Halloween Scene die set.



Finally here is a photo of my card when it is half open so you can see how the flower pot folds down flat in the card.

If you are looking to purchase Karen's Pop It Ups dies in Australia you can find them at Craft Giraffe (now online only).

Don't forget to check out  Karen Burniston's blog  on Tuesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus an amazing card/video tutorial from Karen Burniston.

Stamps: Halloween Clear Stamps - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Paper: White; Black; Steampunk DP - Graphic 45; Enchanted DP - Authentique
Dies: Flower Pot Pop Stand Card; Props 9; Halloween Scene; Hoppy the Frog; Midnight the Bat; Iron Fence Pop Up; Anita Frames Pop Up (Oval); Bath Pop Stand Card (Bubbles); Cup Pop Stand Card (Swirls) - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products: Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape 64mm; Pewter Silk Microfine Glitter; Copper Silk Microfine Glitter; Black Silk Microfine Glitter; Sea Glass Silk Microfine Glitter
Other: Black Ink; Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink; Pumice Stone Distress Ink; Foam Tape




4 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

This is such an amazing card. I love all the glittery spooky things coming out of the cauldron.

fran said...

What a wonderful pot of Halloween fun!

Wendy Bellino said...

This is pretty spooktacular! You added so much interest with the witches cauldron and all the ingredients! Fantastic card!

jojot said...

I am in awe......OMGoodness