Saturday, May 21, 2016

This Bugs's for You



Hi everyone,


It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Barb Anders,  the challenge hostess for the month continues to issue the challenges.


Being the third Saturday of the month it is time for our Sketch Challenge. I hope you have fun playing with this layout.






For my card today I decided to play with the new Ladybugs die set designed by Joset Designs for Elizabeth Craft Designs which is being released later this month. This die set contains 4 dies which include 1 solid body and 3 different wings that you can use to create your ladybugs. I used 2 of the wings for my card today.




As you can see I created a Pop Up Card using the Happy Birthday Pop Up Card die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. Normally when I used this die set I decorate the card with the stars included in the die set, but as ladybugs prefer flowers to stars I decided to add some white flowers to my card where I would normally place the stars. 

I added three more ladybugs to decorate my card and also added an oval panel for the hand written greeting.




Here is another view of the inside of my card taken at a different angle, so you can see the pop up a little easier.


Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.


Anja de Regt
Barbara Anders
Jessie Rone
Joanne Grzelak
Karen Aicken
Maryann Einam
Peggy McCurry
Raquel Mason
Rebecca Ednie
Jen Benner 
Wanda Cullen (May Guest Designer)


Stamps: This Bugs for You - Darcie Stamps
Paper: White; Black; Sailing Cards DP - Carta Bella; Sunbeam DP - Kaisercraft
Dies: Happy Birthday Pop Up Card - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Ladybug; Dotted Scallop Rectangles; Stitched Rectangles; Stitched Ovals; Dotted Scallop Ovals; Bunch of Flowers 2 - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products: Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape; Red/Gold Glitter Dot Peel Off Stickers
Other: Black Ink; Clear Dots; Foam Tape



4 comments:

Maryann said...

Love the black, red and white theme, those ladybugs are so cute, will have to add them and the flowers to my wish list.

CASTOWNE said...

It amazing how striking red, white and black are together. Love this card.

Karen Aicken said...

Love love love this card. And those ladybugs? First things on me ECD Wish List

Joanne (jojot) said...

such a creative use of the sketch