Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Karen Burniston January Designer Challenge Day 2


Hi everyone,


It's time for our January Karen Burniston Designer Challenge, our very first challenge for 2016! Our theme this month is NEW! Wide open theme using at least one of the new CHA release products.



For my card today I decided to play with the new Hanging Charm Pull Tab  die set to create a Valentines Card.

This die allows you to create a card the side you wish whether it is a normal A2 card size or a square card like I have created today. You also have the choice as to whether you make your card so that it sits flat on your surface or on the front of a card, or even on the inside of your card if you desire.

This die set comes with 4 charms you can use (I used the heart) or you can place anything you like on the pop up portion of the frame.



For the heart I die cut two hearts which both had Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the front and then covered the adhesive with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter.  I added a Pink/Silver Glitter Dot Peel Off Stickers to the centre of each side of the heart. I die cut to pink frames and sandwiched the twine the heart is attached to between the two frames. 

I decorated the frame using Pink/Silver Glitter Dot Peel Off Stickers 

Here is my card when the Pull Tab is closed. I added the word LOVE so it can be viewed through the frame using the Alphabet 1 Caps die set.  I used a reinforcement hole from the Tag Pivot Card die set on the top of my Tab/Tag and also added some twine. 

I used one of the new photo corners from the Els van de Burgt Studio Corners 1 die set.

The stamped images and sentiments are from Penny Black.


On the back of my card I die cut a square from white card using the new Stitched Squares die set. 


If you are looking to purchase Karen's Pop It Ups dies in Australia you can find them at Craft Giraffe (formerly Photo Continental).


Don't forget to check out  Karen Burniston's blog  on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus an amazing card/video tutorial from Karen Burniston.

Stamps: I Love You; Sprinkles & Smiles - Penny Black
Paper: White; Pink; Dark Pink; All My Love; Falling in Love DP - Doodlebug Inc
Dies: Hanging Charm Pull Tab; Agatha Edges; Tag Pivot Card - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Corners 1; Stitched Squares - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products: Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape; Pink Glitter Dot Peel Off Stickers; Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
Other: Black Ink; White Hemp Cord; Foam Tape; Copics





2 comments:

Lois said...

This is so cute, Frances! I just ordered that charm card and can't wait to play with it.

Joanne (jojot) said...

bold color.....sweet image