Friday, January 1, 2016

2016


Hi everyone,

Happy New Year ... it's already 2016 down here in Australia. I hope 2016 brings you all nothing but the best!


It's time for our December Elizabeth Craft Designs Designer Challenge. Check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog today where you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month.


Our challenge this month is Make a unique calendar that gets the year 2016 off to a creative start!


Every year I buy these tiny tear off calendars with the intention of creating cards or calendars to give to people. Seldom do I manage to use any, so I figured this was a great challenge to get to use at least one of those tiny calendars I have for 2016. 

A few weeks ago when I was thinking about this challenge, I noticed that these tiny calendars fit on the rectangle part of the Gift Card Accordion die so I figured that would be something different to use for a calendar.

I love combining accordion cards so for the base of my card I combined the Gift Card Accordion (centre page) with the new Oval Landscape Accordion (pages on either end). This is one of the brand new dies designed by Karen Burniston and being released by Elizabeth Craft Designs at CHA next week. I covered the first and third pages with designer paper and the centre page I used the new Trellis Wavy Frames.



To decorate the first and third pages I used the new Shells Large die set which is part of the new Joset Designs range of dies being release by Elizabeth Craft Designs at CHA next week. This fun set contains a collection for 3 shells and a crab all have the solid die and then the detail overlay die to put over the solid one. I die cut these from White Soft Finish Cardstock and then colored them with distress inks to match my designer paper.





Here is a close up look at the third page of my Calendar Accordion. The shells on this page are mirrored to match those on the first page. I closed my card up before attach the craft in the lower left hand corner so that when the card is closed it is hidden by the crabs on the first page.


Here is the front of my card when it is closed. You can see that I added the craft to the lower right hand side of my card.

I wanted to include the year to my calendar so I used the new Banner dies also from the Joset Designs range. This is a collection of 4 dies which can be mixed and matched. For my card today I decided to use the same banner as it fitted the numbers a little better. I think I will be using these a lot! The numbers for the year are from the Numbers & More 1 die set. 

That's it from me today, thank you for visiting my blog. To see what the other designers created for this challenge don't forget to check out the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog post which goes live 8AM MT.


Supplies:

Elizabeth Craft Designs:


Other:
Cardstock: Teal; Rust; Yellow
Designer Paper: Bo Bunny Boardwalk Playtime DP
Inks: Festive Berries Distress Ink; Evergreen Bough Distress Ink; Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink; Fossilized Amber Distress Ink
Foam Tape


2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Oh Frances - you rocked this challenge. Your card/calendar is AMAZING!

Kristine Reynolds said...

Beautiful!