Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Blue Roses


Hi everyone,

My card today is for a challenge I am doing with a couple of friends of mine. Each month we get together and go to our favorite stamp/scrapbook store and come home with one or two new goodies. So we decided to also challenge ourselves each month using a product we all have.

Last month when we went shopping, we all came home with a few new stencils to add to our stash amongst other things. So for our challenge this time around we decided we needed to make something using any stencil we had, it didn't necessarily have to be the ones we bought that day.

I ended up making two cards for this challenge as I had a lot of stencil related products which were new to me that I wanted to play with. I posted one of my cards to my blog last week which you can find here




This time around I played with a Stampers Anonymous Stencil I got a few months ago along with some Viva Decor 3D Stamp Paints that I had just purchased. It's probably hard to see by the photos but I love this stamp paint with gives a lovely metallic/glittery look to the stencilled area. I think I will need to buy some more colors in the future.

As you can see I have created another Pull Card this time using the Circle Spiral Pull Card die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.

As the stencil was roses, I decided I wanted roses for the circle portion of the card so used one of the roses from the Circle of Roses Peel Off Stickers. I attached the Peel Off Sticker to card that I had already attached Transparent Double Sided Adhesive to and then poured Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter over it, polished with my finger and then colouring with Copic markers.



When you 'pull' the card open it reveals a sentiment and a tiny rose also from the Peel Off Sticker sheet.

Dies: Circle Spiral Pull Card - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Paper: White; Aqua; Teal
Other ECD Products: Circle of Roses Peel Off Stickers; Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter; Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Sheet
Other: Black Ink; Stampers Anonymous Scribbles Stencil; Viva Décor Lime Green Metallic 3D Stamp Paint; Viva Décor Light Blue Metallic 3D Stamp Paint; Foam Tape Copics


3 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

This is just BEAUTIFUL - Love it, Frances.

Joanne (jojot) said...

fab colors and beautiful soft colors

Daria said...

This is lovely. I love the stenciled background with the roses. TFS.