Saturday, May 9, 2015

#1 Teacher


Hi everyone,


It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog.  Barb Anders our challenge hostess for May continues to bring us our challenges.

School will be letting out here in the US soon, let's make a teacher appreciation card and actually USE it. If you don't need it for yourself, gift it to someone who does.

Of course where I live school doesn't get out until December which is when summer is for us, so I will keep this card and give it to my daughter who can give it to my grandson's teacher then.



Apples have long been associated with teachers, so I went with that theme for my card this time round. I decided to create a Pop Stand Card using the pop stand accessory die included in the Eiffel Tower Pop Stand Card die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs

The pop stand tabs weren't in the correct position for the apple I wanted to use, so after folding my card in half, I marked on my card where the bottom parts of the apple would be and then die cut one side at a time so that the pop stand tabs could be spaced to suit the apple instead of the Eiffel Tower.


Here you can see the back side of my Pop Stand Card, I could have decorated the back of the apple but I decided to keep it plain. I also left the label blank so that it can be used to write a personal message.



Here is an overhead view of my card so you can see the whole card at once. 


And finally, here is the front of my card. I let the fishtail flag overhang the edge of the card and added the greeting 'Thank You'. I also die cut another Apple and cut it down to so it would fit on the left side of my card. I added the 'A' and 'is for Apple'.


Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.


Stamps: Clearly Sentimental About Teachers; PI Caramel Apple - MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Black; Red; Green; Brown; Chalkboard DP - Around the Block all you
Dies: Eiffel Tower Pop Stand Card; Katie Label Pivot Card - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Red Delicious Apple; Numbers; Alphabet - MFT Stamps; Wonderful Words Teacher; Wonderful Words Thank You - PTI;
Other: Black Ink; Elizabeth Craft DesignsTransparent Double Sided Tape 64mm; EK Success ABC Border Punch; We R Memory Keepers Chevron Embossing Folder; Foam Tape


3 comments:

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

Great card Frances, love the apple!

Karen Aicken said...

LOVE this - what a great idea for the stand-up apple!

Joanne (jojot) said...

I would have loved to received this teacher card....fabbo