Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Karen Burniston December Designer Challenge Card 2

KBDCChineseNewYearwm

Hi everyone,

As promised yesterday, I am back with another card for this month's Karen Burniston Designer Challenge. This time round the theme Karen has given us is Pop it Ups for every month! The Design Team will be creating Pop It Ups cards to fill the calendar for a year.

Yesterday I shared my “January” card where I celebrated Australia Day for this challenge which you can see by scrolling down to the previous post.

My card today is for the month of “February” …. Chinese New Year will be celebrated on February 19th 2015. Next year is the Year of the Sheep which is the year I was born and my star sign is Aries … which is the Ram … so I guess I am a double sheep hehe!

I created an Accordion card using the Circle Accordion Card and the Fancy Label Accordion Card die sets designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.

KBDCChineseNewYear3wm

Here is a close up of the first two pages of my Accordion Card. On the first page I have used a stamp from Sister Stamps. On the second page I added the Happy Chinese New Year 2015 greeting, to create this I used the Happy New Year die. To create the word “Chinese” I used letters from the Merry Christmas (CH) and Season’s Greetings (INESE) dies.

I decorated the edges of each page using the Square W/Circle Frame Edges and Fancy Frame Edges.

KBDCChineseNewYear4wm

This is a close up of the last two pages of my card. On the third page I used the Alphabet 1 Upper Key Peel-Off Stickers to create “Year of the” I added Kanji symbols to the first and last pages from the Asian Signs Peel-Off Stickers.

I added a charm to the top of the first and last pages.

KBDCChineseNewYear2wm

Here is the front of the card when it is closed ready to be placed in an envelope. On the top left corner of my card I added a friendship/good luck knot using Mizuhiki cord and in the lower right hand corner I added an oriental coin.

If you are looking to purchase Karen's Pop It Ups dies in Australia you can find them at Photo Continental.

Don’t forget to check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month. I will also be back later today with my final card I have to share with you for this challenge.

 

Stamps: Mei Lin; Kiyomi – Sister Stamps; Punny Farms- MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Red; Black; Gold
Dies: Circle Accordion Card; Fancy Label Accordion Card; Square w/Circle Frame Edges; Fancy Frame Edges; Clocks & Gears – designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Happy New Year; Merry Christmas; Season’s Greetings – Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products: Alphabet 1 Peel-Off Stickers; Asian Signs Peel-Off Stickers
Other: Mitzihiki Cord; Charms; Foam Tape; Copics

 

#aa-owl-signature

1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Wow - this is amazing. Love the red and gold, and that red velvet - I repeat ... WOW!