Saturday, June 21, 2014

A Piece of Cake

C4C241BdayCake1-wm

Hello everyone,
It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog.  Our challenge hostess for June, Peggy McCurry continues to bring us fun challenges.

C4C241

This week being the third Saturday of the month it is time for a sketch challenge… here is a look at this week’s sketch.

C4C241BdayCake-wm

For my card this week I decided to use this little cutie from Little Darlings Stamps to create my card. I also just got a few new designer paper pads which I had to play with too Winking smile. The sentiments used on my card are from CC Designs.

To create my chevrons down the bottom of my card I used a chevron border die and then cut each chevron off and attached it to my card.

C4C241BdayCake2-wm

As you can see I have created a pop up card using the Lucy Label Pop-Up Card die set designed by Karen Burniston’s for Elizabeth Crafts Designs. I stamped the cake the girl is holding again and cut that out to add to the top pop up panel and added another sentiment on the label section.

C4C241BdayCake3-wm

Here is a side on view of my card so you can see the pop up pieces a little better. Along the top and bottom of my card I have also added some Pink Silver Glitter Border stickers available from Elizabeth Craft Designs.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.

  • Anja de Regt
  • Barbara Anders
  • Heather Pulvirenti
  • Helen Cryer
  • Jessie Rone
  • Joanne Grzelak
  • Karen Aicken
  • Kelli Hull
  • Kristine Reynolds
  • Peggy McCurry
  • Mary Marsh
  •  

    Stamps: Wendy’s Birthday Cakes – Little Darlings Stamps; Best Birthday Wishes Sentiment Set – CC Designs
    Paper: White; Purple; Girls Party DP - Merci
    Dies: Lucy Label Pop-Up Card designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; MFT Die-namics Chevron Border; Circle Dies
    Other: Black Ink; Elizabeth Craft Designs Pink/Silver Glitter Borders (7010); Foam Tape; Copics

     

    #aa-owl-signature

    4 comments:

    Chris said...

    Sorry I don't leave comments more frequently but this card was so cute I just had to stop and say hello. Your color sense is fantastic and so is your coloring.
    Have a great day!

    Karen Aicken said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    Karen Aicken said...

    Oh Frances ... this is SO cute. I love the balloons as a backdrop for those sweet images. :-)
    Ha ... I guess I DID have a Chevron after all, when I saw your card I realized I could have used that Snippets Chevron Border die too. Sheesh.
    Cheers
    Karen

    Joanne (jojot) said...

    sweet unage...cool pop up card....great sentiments