Monday, April 28, 2014

Snow Much Fun!

ECDWhiteonWhite2-wm

Hi everyone,

It’s time for our April Elizabeth Craft Designs Designer Challenge. Check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog on Wednesday 8AM MST when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month.

Our theme this month is …. "Elegant and White". So the challenge is to create an elegant project in the color white. (or off-white and you are free to use gold and silver details).

I love white on white cards, although I must admit the only time I end up making them is when someone gives them as a challenge. I am not sure why I don’t do them more often as they are lots of fun.

For my card today I decided to combine the Circle Accordion Card and the Fancy Label Accordion Card again to create my accordion card … if you look at the centre page it uses a different shape to the two outer pages.

ECDWhiteonWhite3-wm

When I was trying to figure out what to do for this challenge I looked though all my Elizabeth Craft Design dies I have a found my Snowflakes Die which I thought would be perfect for this card.

To create the two large snowflakes on the end circles I die cut my snowflakes using Double Sided Adhesive Paper and added White Silk Microfine Glitter over each of the three snowflakes. I then layered them using foam tape and added a Gold/Silver Glitter Dot to the center.

Before adding the snowflake to the centre circle I die cut a circle/fancy label from White Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz and then embossed this using the Lots of Dots Embossing Folder.

ECDWhiteonWhite4-wm

Around each of the outer edges of the accordion pages I added frames using the Square with Circle Frame Edges for the circle pages and Fancy Frame Edges for the Fancy Label page.

For the centre page I added a sentiment using silver ink.

To finish off the card I added small snowflakes randomly around the frames. For these snowflakes I used Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter.

ECDWhiteonWhite-wm

Here is my card when it is closed ready to be placed in an envelope.

Don’t forget to check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month.

Stamps: Sentiment – Paper Pretties
Paper: White
Dies: Circle Accordion Card; Fancy Label Accordion Card; Square with Circle Frame Edges; Fancy Frame Edges – designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Snowflakes – Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other Elizabeth Craft Designs Products: Lots of Dots Embossing Folder; White Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz; Gold/Silver Glitter Dots; White Silk Microfine Glitter; Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter; Double Sided Adhesive Paper
Other: Silver Brilliance Ink; Foam Tape

 

#aa-owl-signature

5 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a gorgeous snowflake creation....wowza

Kelly Booth said...

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOORGEOUS!!! Love everything about this Frances!!!

Joset said...

What a gorgeous card! Love the pretty snowflakes and the combination of the 2 Accordion dies!

Mary Dimercurio Prasad said...

Beautiful white card! What a great holiday card!

Julie said...

I had seen your card posted on FB, BUT NEVER GOT OVER HERE TO ADMIRE IT MORE CLOSELY!!!! It is beautiful!!!!! The snowflakes are so appealing to me because I live in south Florida and never see any!!!!
xoxo-Julie