Saturday, March 29, 2014

Solve This Puzzle

C4C229SolvePuzzle1-wm

Hello everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog.  Our challenge hostess for March, Kelli Hull finishes of her month with another fun challenge.

This week Kelli says ….. HA!  April Fools is right around the corner... let's create a card/project that has a trick in it... Pocket card, slider, magic card... you know, it has SOMETHING to give the receiver a OOOOO moment!!!! 

As you can see I have created another pop up card …  I love making these Smile.

C4C229SolvePuzzle2-wm

This pop up does have a “trick” to it on the front of the card. You need to remove the cord from the card without cutting the card, breaking the string or removing the tag at the end of the string. It can be done …. I have had this stamp for quiet a few years and it was easy to locate the stamp, that took all of 2 minutes, but locating the directions of threading the string and the solution meant I had to go through over a dozen folders before I finally found it. Hopefully I won’t have that problem next time I go to use it as I have made sure it is in a couple of places haha! The “Solve The Puzzle” piece is actually a stamp, but unfortunately it seems the company who made this is no longer in existence.

The Detective on the front of the card is a digital image from Mo’s Digital Pencil, that I purchased while making this card.

C4C229SolvePuzzle3-wm

I have actually attached the “trick” panel piece onto the card using velcro, so that it might be easier for whoever gets to solve this puzzle, they can remove the panel to work on without having to hold the whole card.

C4C229SolvePuzzle-wm

For the inside of my card I used the Pop It Ups Lucy Label Pop-Up Card die set designed by Karen Burniston’s for Elizabeth Crafts Designs. I also used the Agatha Edges die set and the label from the Lots of Pops Pop-Up card set.

Both sentiments were computer generated. I also found this fun crossword designer paper in a new paper pad I had decided to use for my card which I figured fitted in with the theme of this card too.

C4C229SolvePuzzle4-wm

At the top of my card I added a large magnifying glass which has acetate in the centre and added a few die cut question marks.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.


  • Anja de Regt
  • Barbara Anders
  • Betty Wright
  • Heather Pulvirenti
  • Helen Cryer
  • Jessie Rone
  • Joanne Grzelak
  • Kelli Hull
  • Kristine Reynolds
  • Peggy McCurry
  • Jeanne Streiff (March Guest Designer) 


  •  Here are the products I used to create my card:
  • Stamps: Lookin’ For Clues (Detective) – Mo’s Digital Pencil; Solve the Puzzle – Tuscan Rose; Lg Magnifying Glass – Stampington & Co
    Paper: White; Mustard; Strong DP - Authentique
    Pop It Ups Dies: Lucy Label Pop Up; Agatha Edges; Lots of Pops Pop-Up – designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
    Other: Black Ink; MFT Die-namics Negative Dot Alphabet; MFT Die-namics Bottom Line Numbers and Symbols; Eyelets; Hemp Cord; Acetate; Foam Tape;  Copics


    #aa-owl-signature
  • 2 comments:

    raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

    Such a cool & clever card you made Frances.....love it. The image is perfect for the card. Are you going to tell us how to get the cord off the front?

    Joanne (jojot) said...

    this is just too clever for words....what a fun creation, Hoots