Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Happy 1st Birthday!

StrawberryDoubleDiamond-wm

Hi everyone,

My card today is one I have created for my Granddaughter who will be turning 1 next month … wow didn’t that year fly by! My daughter has decided on a Strawberry Shortcake Theme for her birthday party and while this image isn’t Strawberry Shortcake … it is the closest thing I could find. This is another CC Designs stamp called Strawberry Beatrice.

While I was figuring out what to do with the stamp I came across a blog post on Double Diamond Fold Cards and I knew immediately this would be perfect for my card.

I found a couple of different tutorials on creating these. One tutorial the diamond folds where slightly overlapping and this one I used here had the diamond folds with a large gap in between. I like both versions but this one meant I could do more with the piece behind the diamond folds so I went with that version. I used a tutorial on the Scorpal site and this one was the metric version … but I am sure they have one in inches too if you look for Double Diamond Fold card.

StrawberryDoubleDiamond2-wm

I decided to add my greeting on the inside of my card … so I added some card … I also added card to the two side panels as they both had writing about the type of paper it was and I didn’t like that showing. You could also add a sentiment to the diamond folds on the back of the card … but this meant I could use a larger sentiment.

My sentiment is a very very old stamp set from MFT Stamps which has long since been retired years ago … one of the pros of no longer being on the Design Team is I can use my retired stamps! It is so hard to find sentiments like this in stamps.

Stamps: Strawberry Beatrice – CC Designs; Happy Stamp Set – Simons Says Stamps; Happiest Birthday Wishes (retired) – MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Pink; Berry Pink DP – Doodlebug Designs
Other: Black Ink; Papertrey Ink Birthday Trio Die; Papertrey Ink Suffix Style Die; ScorPal; Rhinestones; Foam Tape; Copics

 

#aa-owl-signature

1 comment:

Joanne (jojot) said...

wow....I can't believe she is soon to be 1...time surely flies