Sunday, September 15, 2013

Playing with My Design Studio

Su-MDS-BrayeredSnow2-wm

Hi everyone and happy Sunday! I hope you are all enjoying your weekend Smile.

Recently I purchased Stampin’ Ups My Design Studio. I wasn’t sure whether I would use it much or not, but as a few friends I know have it and rave about it and it was cheap enough, I thought it wouldn’t hurt to get it and have a play.

Here are the results of my first play! I found a tutorial online by Julie Leblanc on how to create brayered snow scene which I just had to try myself. You can find her video tutorial here if you are interested.

My first card is pretty much a CASE of the card she showed in her tutorial, I think the only difference is the sentiment and she probably has more trees in the background. I enjoyed trying this technique.

SU-MDS--BrayedSnow-wm

So now I know how to create a brayered snow scene I decided to create another card but this time in landscape format.

SU-MDS-Upsy-wm

So next I decided to create a brayered card using the same techniques as the video but this time using flowers. It is a little hard to see in the photo but there is a shadow at the back of the flowers, I probably should have used a darker color.

Digital Stamps: Lovely as A Tree; Old St Nick; Very Merry Twenty Five; Teeny Tiny Wishes; Upsy Daisy – Stampin’ Up
Other: My Design Studio – Stampin’ Up

 

#aa-owl-signature

3 comments:

Leeann said...

Your version is gorgeous, and thanks for sharing the tutorial. I have MDS but haven't even opened it yet so maybe this is just what I need. Have a great week!

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful cards!!!Thanks for sharing!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

I too have been tempted to get this, but no one I know has it so I have resisted so far....would you rate it easy, 'medium', or hard???