Tuesday, May 10, 2011

That’s Rad!

MFT SkaterBoy wm

Hi everyone,

It’s time for another MFT Stamps Creative Challenge.  Our Design Team Creative Challenge is a new monthly feature, where we challenge our design team to explore their creative side using a specific theme, product or technique. This month, Eva and Arlene have challenged us to give monochromatic coloring a try! Visit Kim's Blog, for a full list of designers that have taken up the challenge!

This is something I have wanted to try for ages, I had colored one image in using this technique sometime last year but I never did anything with it. So I was happy when I saw this month’s challenge, it’s always fun to try something new.

For my card I used MFT Stamps PI Skater Boy stamp set, this is a really cool stamp set for for boys! I used the Warm Copic Markers to color my image, starting from W00 through to W7.

I used two MFT Die-namics on my card, the Die-namics Four Point Frame for my sentiment and the Die-namics Open Zig Zag Border for decoration.

MFT_FourPointFrame_PreviewGraphic

MFT_FourPointFrame_PreviewGraphic

MFT SkaterBoy2 wm

Here is the inside of my card, I stamped the boy onto my designer paper and the sentiment to the bottom right hand corner of my card. I also used the Die-namics Open Zig Zag Border along the edge of the designer paper.

Stamps: PI Skater Boy – MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Black; Grey; DP – Kaisercraft
Die-namics: Open Zig Zag Border Die; Four Point Frame Die – MFT Stamps
Other: Black Ink; Black Twine; Buttons; Sewing Machine; Foam Tape; Copics

aa-owl-signature

19 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

this is so great, I love that you used the W's and the great card design and the bakers twine is so cool.

Silli said...

Love the colors Frances, love the image and all the die cute...HUGS

Gabby said...

Very nice monochromatic layers! I like all your paper choices! :)

Inge Groot said...

Gorgeous monochromatic card Frances, love how you've used the open zigzag border!

Arlene said...

Awesome coloring, Frances! I love your card lay-out with all the layers and twine! ♡

Tinkerbeth said...

This is a super-cool card for a boy! LOVE the boy cards!!!

Lisa H. said...

I just love him. well done!

Anonymous said...

Frances, this is amazing! I love all your detail and I am just noticing while looking at it again your twine attached to the black buttons!!! What a card my friend!!!

Megan said...

Perfectly cute! I love the zig zag dienamic with this image, too.

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS Frances I LOVE this look!!~

Jodi Collins said...

Totally RAD Frances!! LOVE the grey coloring and the awesome layout!!!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

So super cool Frances!! I love the black, white and grey scale!! Great layout!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Vickie Z said...

Wow... It's wonderful!! Mono coloring is fabulous!!

Vickie Z said...

Wow... It's wonderful!! Mono coloring is fabulous!!

Kim said...

Adorable Frances!

Joanna McDonald said...

Love your card! the design is unique! And I love the black and
white with the gray!

Chris said...

that's very cool

Jessie/knightrone said...

So fun! Love how you used the twine and zig zag border!

Michele Boyer said...

You certainly rocked this challenge!! This if fantastic! (Love the twine and zig-zag!)