Monday, September 13, 2010

Don’t Open Until Christmas!

Wrapped-Parcel-Card-wm

Hi all,

Recently the stamp club I go to each month held their first ever shoe box swap. Each of us had to create a card with a Christmas theme and enough kits so that everyone else could duplicate what we had created.

I was still mulling over what I would be creating for this swap when I came across a blog post in my Google Reader on how to create a Pull Up Present card … my problem was solved!!!!!!!! LeaAnn’s version is a lot smaller than mine suitable for a gift card so I had to play around with the measurements so I could make it more a standard size card to fit inside a standard envelope. My finished card measures 11cm x 14cm.

Wrapped-Parcel-Card2-wm

Here you can see the pull out card beside the outer card … the top of the parcel is attached to the inner card and just pulls out.

Wrapped-Parcel-Card3-wm

And here is a close up of the inner card. I enjoyed making this and will be making more in the future I am sure!

Stamps: Bear with Present – Lili of the Valley; Do Not Open Sentiment – Stampendous; Merry Christmas Sentiment – Paper Inspirations
Paper: White; Red; Green; DP – Kaisercraft
Other: Black Ink; Cuttlebug Embossing Folders; Oval Punches; Foam Tape; Copics

aa-owl-signature

12 comments:

judy anderson said...

That is pretty cool. I might use the idea. TFS

Cindy Haffner said...

Frances so clever ans SWEET!

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a unique card 'shape'...cute little bear

Silke Ledlow said...

FABULOUS!!! I love this pull out card!!! Hugs ~S~

Pam Varnell said...

This is just beautiful Frances. Love the colors and the shape of the card.

Jana Weaver said...

Adorable card Frances - love that pull out style. Hhhmmmm...getting ideas for my xmas card this year! ;-)

Silli said...

This is so pretty Frances!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, I'm in LOVE with THAT teddy bear! He's THE cutest!!

Renee said...

This is down right cute! I love the bear the layout and the look! If you don't mind I'll use your layout for my cards!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a clever idea, and your pull up present is just super charming Hoots!

Barbara said...

I love this, Frances! I'm SO going to make one of these cards!

LeeAnn Greff said...

Love your card! Thanks for sharing the link to mine too.