Sunday, July 18, 2010

Thanks!

MFT-Digi-Thanks3-wm

Hi everyone and happy Sunday to you all. I hope you are enjoying your weekend!

Just recently I participated in a free online class given by Jessica Sprague called “Computer Tricks For Cards. This is the third class I have taken with Jessica and I love being able to do her classes because each time I take one I learn something new that I can do with my Photoshop Elements program. And as I have the program the more I can do with it the better.

In the past the classes have been more geared towards scrapbooking (no I don’t scrapbook) but what I have learnt has helped me create my sketches etc that I draw up for challenges etc. But this time round it was a card class combining digital elements and more traditional supplies that we are all used to.

Have no fear I am not going to abandon all my stamps and supplies and go digital but it was fun all the same. Our first day class was to create a card layering digital papers etc. We were given two templates which we could use and have for future cards and of course I had to play around with one of them using some of MFT Stamps Digital papers.

MFT-Digi-Thanks-wm 

This first card using MFT Stamps Stephanie Fizer Papers - Chocolate Kiss, this is one of my favorite MFT papers and it comes in a digital version or a paper pack if you like the real thing. To finish of the front of my card I stamped one of the sentiments from MFT Stamps Thanks a Bunch stamp set.

MFT-Digi-Thanks2-wm

For my second card I combined two of MFT Stamps digi paper collections. The striped paper is from Stephanie Fizer Papers - Robot Collection and the text paper is from Stephanie Fizer Papers - Take Note Collection. Again I used one of the sentiments from the  Thanks a Bunch stamp set.

I always have a hard time creating 1 layer cards when I have to for a challenge…. but next time I am ready I will be opening up my Photoshop Elements program and digi papers and combining digital with stamping!!!!!

Stamps: Thanks A Bunch Set – MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Stephanie Fizer Papers - Robot Collection; Stephanie Fizer Papers - Take Note Collection; Stephanie Fizer Papers - Chocolate Kiss – MFT Stamps
Other: Photoshop Elements

aa-owl-signature

4 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

CAS and fabulous...glad you had a good time learnin' new stuff...

Cindy Haffner said...

These are COOL Frances.

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super cool Frances!

Silli said...

This is perfect Frances!