Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Harvest … Who’s That Girl! Hop!

MFT-Strawberry-Duo-wm

Hi everyone and welcome to my blog. It time to join the MFT Stamps Design Team for another MFT "Who's That Girl Hop!" to celebrate the release of the MFT VIP Kit.

The hop started at Kim's blog so if you didn’t start from there you may want to head over there now so that you can start at the beginning of the hop. You don't want to miss anything and believe me there is lots to see!

Today only VIP customers have the opportunity of purchasing the WTG set "Who’s That Harvest Girl" TWO WEEKS EARLY!!!!!!!!!! There will only be 50 VIP collections available and then the set will be unavailable until the full release on August 4th at 10:00 PM EST.

AugVIPCollection

Here is what is in this month’s VIP Kit:

August VIP (July 20th 10 PM EST through July 21st)

  • Who’s That Harvest Girl? VIP $36
  • Who’s That Harvest Girl? $15.95
  • Girly Net Ribbon Collection (2 yards each of netted ribbon in Lipstick Red, Cool Green, White Tulle, Sassy Black, Girly Pink) $5.95
  • 5 yards 5/8” Black Saddle Stitch Ribbon $3
  • Olivia Basic Grey 6 X 6 patterned paper pad $6
  • Set of 10 Scalloped A2 Notecards in Black Linen $4.85
  • Garden Goodness mini stamp set (FREE, $9 value)

Additional release on VIP night:

Strawberry Carton and Strawberries Template $3.95

MFT-Hand-Picked2-wm

First up the card I created, one of the things I love about this stamp set is that you have so many options on what to put inside WTG’s basket. There are 4 different fruits you can use … apples, strawberries, tomatoes & peaches. I started my card by stamping a whole bunch of WTG images and adding different things in her basket, then when I started coloring these images I noticed that 3 of these fruits could be colored red so decided to create a card that had 3 WTG images on it with a different fruit in each basket.

To give the basket some texture I colored the basket with my copics and then cut a piece of plastic shelving mat which I added a little copic blender fluid to and pressed this down on my basket. I paper pieced the girls shirt using the same designer paper I used on the base of my card and also added stitching to my card. The scallops along the bottom edge of my card was created using the MFT Die-namics Jumbo Scallop die.

MFT-Hand-Picked-in-wm

Here is the inside of my card using one of the sentiments included in the set … I added apples on either side of the strip of paper which makes it look a little like a table.

MFT-Strawberry-wm

My second project today uses the new Strawberry carton & strawberries template which is also being released today …. this is sooooooo much fun to create! You will find a tutorial on how to create this using the cricut & Make The Cut on Jody's blog.

MFT-Strawberry3-wm

This template comes to you with a variety of formats including:

  • PDF – for traditional print and cut
  • Ai (Adobe Illustrator) and DXF – used by Pazzles, KNK, and Wishblade Machines
  • GSD – for Silhouette
  • SVG - for Cricut with Make the Cut or Sure Cuts A lot software

As I have a cricut expressions and the Sure Cuts A lot software I was able to use those to cut out both my carton and my strawberries.

MFT-Strawberry4-wm

I created my strawberries using the same designer paper I used to create my card above … I had to make a special trip to get more DP hehe. To finish off my strawberries I used a cuttlebug flower die for the top which I cut from My Favorite Felt - Outdoor Essentials - and a green button and ribbon which I just knotted. These strawberries look great just as decorations or you could put a little something into the strawberries if you wanted.

Well now it is time to say goodbye to me and hop on over to the marvellously talented Michele Boyer's blog to see what she has created.

Enjoy the rest of the hop and thanks for dropping by!

Stamps: Who’s That Harvest Girl – MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Green; Red; Quilting Bee DP – Graphic45
Other: Black Ink; MFT Die-namics Jumbo Scallop Die; Curly Label Punch; Circle Punches; Cuttlebug Flower Die; Button; Green Grosgrain Ribbon; Sewing Machine; Cricut; SCAL; Foam Tape; Copics

aa-owl-signature

24 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

So YUMMY Frances.

Barbara said...

Awesome project, Frances! LOVE that dotted paper you used for the berries and your card is gorgeous!

Jessica G. said...

Wow -- this is an awesome set, Frances! Beautiful paper piecing on the image, amazing inside card details, and that basket is not only perfect for the theme, but also incredibly cute!!

Kerry Johnson said...

Awesome Frances!! I love that you used three different fruits on your card and your strawberries and carton are perfect!

Janna said...

This is just amazing! The papers you chose really make these! I love the old feel to the strawberry paper and the stamping of the three images side by side was a great idea!

Smiles,
janna

Christina Fischer said...

WOW!! I love the three images together! The papers and colors are fantastic! :)

Billie A said...

How cute is that, love the strawberries with the polka dot paper and the card with the three stamped is so cool. Thanks for sharing.

fairie said...

Yummy!!! Delicious...I want what's in those little boxes.

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Wow! The whole set is delish! Amazing lil basket with berries! and I love your card! It's gorgeous!
hugs, margie

Teresa said...

I love the choice of paper. I ha to look at the shorts to check out what was the some or not. Very clever. 2 thumbs up.

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Love the card and the basket! Great job.

Kelli Hull said...

OMGOSH!!! SERIOUS???? Talk about a slap your forehead moment!!!! I LOVE the three images put together!!!! Great Card Frances and those polkie dottie berries... LOVE THEM!!!!

Melody said...

What a cute set! Love how you used the template and those berries are so cute!

Silli said...

wow Frances, I love this muchly...Love the berries....HUGS

Michele Boyer said...

Ohhhh...I love your papers and the triple image, Frances! What a great idea!

Lisa H. said...

eeeek! I'm in love with this. your strawberries are just delish!

Sherri Everett Thompson said...

Frances, I love your card! And the basket and strawberries are just so adorable-good enough to eat! :) TFS

Jodi Collins said...

WOW Frances! What a GORGEOUS set! I ADORE the strawberries and the layout on your card!!

Julie said...

What an awesome set Frances! I love the three panels on your card and that paper is fantastic! Love our strawberries, so cute in the polka dot paper!

PatS said...

Love it all. So deliciously yummy!

g said...

so awesome! love all the polka dots- what a fun & sweet project!!

Sherrie said...

Oh aren't you smart....I love it stamped 3 times each with a different fruit/veggie.....and your strawberries are delicious!

Jody Morrow said...

That card is awesome! Your strawberry basket is ADORABLE, too! Love it! :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

So totally awesome!! Love it!!