Saturday, July 3, 2010

Cruising By With A MFTeaser!

MFT-Cruising-wm

Hi everyone,

It’s that time again when the MFT Stamps designs team begins showing our MFTeasers in preparation of the new stamps which will be released by MFT Stamps after the release party which starts at 8pm Wednesday 7th July over on the MFT Stamps Member Forum of SCS.

Teasers begin today and continue all week until the Hop & Shop which starts Wednesday 7th July 10 PM starting at the MFT Blog.

Today the MFT Stamps Design Team are featuring 2 of the new stamp sets on their blog. These include “Cruising Cosmo Girl and “Banner Day Alphabet”.

For my card I used the new “Cruising Cosmo Girl” set which I love!!!!! I first stamped the girl and masked her and then stamped the card using my stamp positioner so that I positioned the card exactly where I wanted it. I then masked the car and created my road and wall using my copic airbrush. To create the bricks I first airbrushed the wall area, drew in the lines to look a little like bricks and then used a piece of towelling and copic blender fluid to create the texture look to the bricks.

Don’t forget to check out this month’s MFT Stamps Guest Designer Challenge for your change to play along with the MFT DT next month. In honor of it being Canada Day on July 1st in Canada and Independence Day on July 4th in the States, this month's challenge will be a is a Color Challenge. Use any neutral, white, cream, black, or kraft with the color RED and/or BLUE.

Challenge entries will be due Tuesday, 6th July, by 10 pm EST. To be considered, upload to SCS using keyword: MFTGUESTDT0710. The winner will be announced in the release party thread on 7th July.

Want to see more projects created using the stamp sets we are featuring today??? Then don’t forget to visit the MFT blog any time after 11AM EST to get the list of which Design Team members are also featuring these sets on their blogs today.

Of course being Saturday it is also time for another challenge with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Our sponsor for this week is MFT Stamps.

Being a brand new month means we have a new challenge hostess which is Jessie Rone. Jessie loves ribbons so her challenge this week is to use at least 2 different ribbons on your card.

I used two different ribbons on mine the black grosgrain ribbon and then I added MFT Stamps Crochet Ribbon Collection over the top of that. I colored the crochet ribbon red using my copic airbrush.

MFT-Cruising2-wm

Here is the inside of my card … here I used one of the sentiments and parcels also included in the set. I also used the MFT Die-namic ric rac die and Die-namics Ribbon RE:Creations Grosgrain Texture Board.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.

Stamps: Cruising Cosmo Girl – MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Black; Red; DP – Basic Grey
Other: Black Ink; MFT Die-namics Ric Rac Die; Black Grosgrain Ribbon; Crochet Lace Ribbon; Button; Foam Tape; Copic Airbrush; Copics

aa-owl-signature

20 comments:

Donna C. said...

I cannot find the Ric Rac die using the link you gave or on their site at all.

Melody said...

Great, FUN card! I love the background you created!

Silli said...

OM Frances, such a pretty image, love the girl, love the colors... Sooo pretty!

Angelwood said...

Beautiful card, Frances! I love the colors and how you've paper pieced her dress. What a fun image! hugs, Angela

Joanne (jojot) said...

fabbo..loving all the dots

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

Oh wow, Frances!!! Your coloring ROCKS and I love her paper pieced dress!!! AWESOME card!!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Lovin all the dots Frances.

Megan said...

So cute!! Love the scene you created.

Kelli Hull said...

LOOK AT THOSE BRICKS!!!!!! WOW!!!!!! Oh Frances this card is AWESOME and SO full of fun!!!!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Totally CHIC card Frances!!! The new image is awesome and I love how you showed it off!!! Hugs ~S~

Lisa H. said...

soooo super cute and did you dye your crochet ribbon? it's so yummy!

Julie said...

Gorgeous card Frances! I love the brick wall and of course I'm loving all the polka dots!

Sherrie said...

Love this Frances! Great coloring too!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is awesome Frances!! Love it!!!

Maria said...

Oooh, such a cute card Frances! I love the brick wall. . great job with the airbrush and drawing!! All the dots are awesome too!!

maria

Jody Morrow said...

That is SO SO cute!

Michele Boyer said...

SO cute! I love all the dots and your brick wall!

Lynda Benden said...

This is AWESOME Frances! Your brick wall is AMAZING! Great job!

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE the brick wall Frances! This is SO fun!

Vicki G said...

Love your card Frances, it's WAY cool!

Vicki