Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Halloween Scrapling!

alota-scrapling-wm

It is time for another challenge over on the Alota Rubber Stamps Paper Craft Planet Group. This week the challenge is hosted by Me!!!!!!!!!!!. You have two weeks from today to participate in this challenge and you also have a chance of winning some wonderful stamps if you card is selected randomly from all the entries received.

So can you guess what the challenge is hehe …. yes you guessed it to make a scrapling hehe. Ok ok so I am hooked on these things hehe, I love being able to use up all those scraps of card that I would otherwise throw away or accumulate and never use.

Scraplings are normally 1.25" x 4.25" because they are often made from the off cuts you get when you make a square card (4.25" square) from a piece of card that is 4.25" x 5.5". However if you are like me your scraplings may be a little wider depending on what you are working on at the time. Now for me 1.25" is way too narrow and I normally have wider card then that left over so you can makes yours wider .... BUT for this challenge they cannot be any wider then 2.5 inches that is for the base of the scrapling ... you can have wider pieces hanging off like I did with my scrapling above, that is up to you .... as long as they are no wider then 2.5 inches.

I used Witch Bug & Masked Bug to create my scrapling.

Recipe:

StampsWitch Bug & Masked Bug – Alota Rubber Stamps

Paper: White; Rich Razzleberry – SU; DP – MFT Stamps

Other: Black Ink; Circle Punches; Grosgrain Ribbon; Foam Tape; Copics

aa-owl-signature

4 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

love this scrapling...and that dp...well, like the ribbon earlier today, I covet that as well....

Danni said...

This sure made me giggle..how fun!

Trudi said...

Frances your scrapling is so cute! Aren't they so much fun.

Cindy Haffner said...

Hee hee now this is WICKED SWEET!!!!