Tuesday, August 11, 2009

You Bring The Blanket!

pp-mojo96-picnic-wm

Hi everyone!

Recently Paper Pretties held it’s monthly Stampin’ in Your Jammies party over on the Paper Pretties Forum to celebrate the release of the new stamps for August. One of the challenges during the party was to make a card using BUTTONS AS THE ONLY EMBELLISHMENT….. yikes!

I decided to use the new Everyday Picnic set that was released by Paper Pretties earlier in the month. I used the Mojo96 sketch challenge from a few week’s ago. I so wanted to add ribbon to my card as that was included in the sketch …. however I resisted LOL and added the punched strip instead. It may be hard to tell in the photo but those round things in the top left corner are actually tiny black buttons.

pp-mojo96-picnic-in-wm

I added the sentiment to the inside of my card layering it onto the blossom nestabilities die.

Recipe:

Stamps: Everyday Picnic – Paper Pretties

Paper: White; Black; Riding Hood Red & Bella Rose DP – SU;

Other: Black Ink; Blossom Nestabilities; Zigzag Border Punch; Black Buttons; Foam Tape; Copics

8 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

simply sweet, Hootsie

Sheri Gilson said...

Great card Frances!! Love how you used the blossom die. I just got it and now I can't wait to play with it.

Cindy Haffner said...

Lovin the red and black awesome job.

Tracey said...

Fabulous Frances. Love the black and red!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Very pretty!! Love it!!

Norine said...

so pretty love the backgd papers
Hugs
Norine

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 on SCS said...

Wow Frances!! This is so gorgeous. Very elegant with the red and black.

Unknown said...

Clean, crisp and totally gorgeous!
Viv xx