Sunday, May 31, 2009

Yippie Yi Yo!

alota-cowboy-boot-wm It is time for another challenge over on the Alota Rubber Stamps Paper Craft Planet Group. This week the challenge is hosted by me. You have two weeks from today to participate in this challenge and you also have a chance of winning some wonderful stamps if you card is selected randomly from all the entries received.

I love shaped cards (unfortunately I don’t always get the time to make as many as I would like) so I decided that our challenge this time round would be to create a shaped card … no squares or rectangles! You can use circles, hearts, stamps or any other shape your heart desires!

For my shaped card I decided to create a cowboy’s boot card. I found the template in an old Papercrafts Magazine so I am unable to share the pattern with you sorry. The stamps I used for my card are from the Western Days plate from Alota Rubber Stamps.

alota-cowboy-boot-2-wmHere is the inside of my card with the sentiment also on the same unmounted plate.

basketball-wm Here are a couple more shaped cards I found in my files of my computer that I created using Alota Rubber Stamps ages ago.

This first one uses the “Basketball Bug” from Alota.

 

Bee-Apron-wm And here I used ”Peeking Bug” and “Bug looking left” to create an Apron shaped card.

What shaped card will you create?? Hope to see you over on the Alota Rubber Stamps PCP group.

Recipe:

Stamps: Western Days Plate – Alota Rubber Stamps

Paper: Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip & Riding Hood Red – SU; DP – Unknown

Other: Black Ink; Creamy Caramel SU Ink; Circle Nestabilities; Star Brad; Foam Tape; Copics

7 comments:

LORi said...

Wow Frances...This is too darn cute!!!

HUGS~ LORi

Cindy Haffner said...

So cool Frances, love that boot. Hugs Cindy xxoo

Jenny Gropp said...

Frances -- these are adorable -- that little basketball is perfect!!!

Vicki G said...

These are all very cool! You are a stamping MACHINE woman!!!!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Those boots are made for walkin'!! Totally cool! I agree with Vicky that you are a stamping MACHINE!! You never cease to amaze me with your creations, your talent, and your organization!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Lovin' those boots Hoots!! And your basketball cards and apron are just darling!!

Tracey said...

These are fantastic Frances! I love that boot card!!