Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Ready …. Set …. Let’s Hop Around The Block!

mft-ready-set-wm

Happy Wednesday everyone and welcome to my blog. It time to join the MFT Stamps Design Team for another "Hop Around the Block"

Now if you didn't hop onto my blog from Jessica Rone's blog then you might want to hop back to Kim's (MFT Lady) blog so that you can start at the beginning of the hop. You don't want to miss anything!

I have two cards to share with you today so this will be a fairly long post. My first card uses the new “Birthday Flopsey” set … I am so excited that we now have a birthday set using Flopsey … this one will gets lots of work I am sure! I have used a number of new MFT products on this card all of which will be released tonight after the release party on the MFT Member forums of SCS. The designer paper is the new Stephanie Fizer “chocolate kiss” designer paper which will be available in a 6 x 6 pack … this is one of my fav MFT DP packs! The button was one I found in the new button container … these contain a variety of shapes, sizes and colors of buttons … lots of fun!

The layout of my card uses a sketch from Taylor’s Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge from a few week’s ago … as soon as I saw this sketch I knew it was perfect for Flopsey!

mft-ready-set-in-wm I only used part of the sentiment on the front of the card … I kept the “Blow” for the inside and then also added one of the other sentiments included in this set. The candles are a small stamp of 4 candles (which btw I added to my cake on the front … so you have options … candles or no candles!) I stamped the candles along the bottom of my card and then added the designer paper under neath … this could be great for an aged birthday e.g. 30 or 40 etc!

mft-owl-be-there-wm

My second card uses the new “Owl’s & Bluebells” Set …. now you all know I love this set right …. how could I not when it has owls!!!!!

I used my copic airbrush system to color the sky …. you might also notice that my bluebells are pink … I wanted to bring out the pink from the designer paper that I used.

I didn’t have any wide ribbon to match the elegant eggplant color I was using and as this was the color I wanted my ribbon, I just grabbed some white and colored it using my copic markers. You can find more info on this and other tips from some of the other DT members on the How’d They Do That forum.

Now it is time to head on over to the amazing Amy’s Blog so you can continue on your Hop Around The Block. Enjoy the rest of the hop and thanks for dropping by!

Recipes:

Birthday Flopsey Card

Stamps: Birthday Flopsey – MFT Stamps

Paper: White; Chocolate Chip & Regal Rose – SU; Chocolate Kiss DP – MFT Stamps

Other: Black Ink; Pink Grosgrain Ribbon; Embossed Zigzag Border Punch; Pink Button; Foam Tape; Copics

Owl Card

Stamps: Owls & Bluebells– MFT Stamps

Paper: White; Pretty In Pink, Elegant Eggplant & Mellow Moss– SU; DP – Basic Grey

Other: Black Ink; Grosgrain Ribbon; Circle Nestabilities; Sizzix Texture Plate;  Foam Tape; Copics

28 comments:

Christina Fischer said...

Frances, your cards are terrific! Great details on both of them! :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Darling Frances, i figured you would have to save the owls for this hop. So fun, love your cards. Hugs Cindy xxoo

JessicaK said...

And there be owls! :D These are great, Frances.

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Hootie for you, Frances! I know you're loving those owls -- it shows!!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Two darling cards Frances!! How do you keep cranking out such charming cards time and time again?!?!?

Carolyn King said...

Love em Frances!!! Great flopsey--love how you did the sentiment. And KNEW you would post the owls! lol! GREAT card!

Amy Sheffer said...

Gorgeous cards, Frances! Love how you did the sentiment with the Birthday Flopsy! And your owls are darling (of course)!

Melody said...

Great cards! Love Flopsey!

sunghee said...

love you how you used the scallop nesties.

Betty J Schaub said...

darling, just darling.

Jody Morrow said...

I love your cards! SO pretty!

Anonymous said...

Such gorgeous cards!

Moni said...

Fab cards! Hugs, moni

Tracey said...

These are both gorgeous cards Frances! These owls are sweet and Flopsey is adorable as always!!

hobbydiva said...

Fabulous card!!! Another Flopsey I must add to my collection!!!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love the edge punch you used on the flopsy card.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Becky Rusher said...

Love the color combination on the owl card! Those owls are just so cute!

Sew Club said...

Love 'em, Frances!

Denimo said...

Love your cards, Frances! Can't wait for the release party tonight!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

I'm not so into owls but the lilies of the valley are nice! I'm more into flowers.

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!! Your cards are amazing!

Gabriela said...

Great cards, Frances. Nice composition.

Rebecca said...

I love Flopsey!!! And the card...I can't decide if I like the inside or the outside the best...just amazing work!

Millie said...

I appreciate seeing the inside of your card!! Both are very nice!!

shel9999 said...

Oh my gosh, Frances! I LOVE these!!! I love the finished inside of the Flopsey card, and those owls...SO cute!

Erika M. said...

Your cards are fabulous!

Sporty Stamper said...

Fabulous cards, and the colors are just gorgeous.

Jessie/knightrone said...

SUPAH cute Frances!! Love your owls....totally shocked to see them..hehe!!