Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Prettie Wednesday – Hi


pp-blue-hi-wm
Hi everyone, hope you are all enjoying your day. It is time for another Prettie Wednesday challenge. Two weeks ago Jackie Rakoski challenged the Prettie Girls to create a card using shades of your favorite color! So pick your favorite color and use one shade darker and one shade lighter.
Ok well if you didn’t know already, my favorite color is blue! I hope I have done this right Jackie but I can see 3 shades of blue on my card so I hope you can too. I do like monochromatic cards!!!!
I took the new “Give Thanks” Sophia which will be the June Stamp of the Month over on Paper Pretties. You  can find out how you can receive this stamp the month before it is available to the public here.
I used Taylor’s Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #66 for the layout of my card.
Don't forget to check out the other Design Teams blogs to see there creations this week.
Recipe:
Stamps: Give Thanks Sophia – Paper Pretties; Sentiment – Penny Black
Paper: White; Baja Breeze, Blue Bayou & DP – SU
Other: Black Ink; Grosgrain Ribbon; Flowers; Button Brads; Foam Tape; Copics

13 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

She is precious Frances, love all the blue. Hugs Cindy xxoo

Jodi Collins said...

ADORABLE Frances!! LOVE the colors, layout and your paper pieced dress on Sophia! This is DELIGHTFUL!!

Danielle L. said...

Ahh... she is so pretty! and BLUE! Beautiful card Frances!

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card Frances! I love those colors!! :)

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is ADORABLE Frances! I LOVE all the blues, that cute sentiment and you colored her up so cute, too! Great job!

Christi Flores said...

This is gorgeous! LOVE those colors!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

I love monochromatic cards, too, Frances, and I love the pretty blues you used. Fabulous sketch design, too! So beautiful!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Absolutely fabulous Frances!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

so very pretty in those soft luscious blues

Danni said...

Very pretty card!

Melissa said...

Fabulous!

Many Blessings,
M.

Jackie Pedro said...

Love it, Frances! The colors are fab!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is so so sweet, Frances! Love the blue!