Monday, May 25, 2009

Owl Be A Pirate!

ccee-pirate-owl-wm

My card today is for the challenge I do each week with my CCEE Stamper friends. This week is our supply challenge which we do each month, this is when the challenge hostess sends us all the same supplies to use when we are creating our cards.

This month Deb our challenge hostess for May sent us all 3 pieces of Bittersweet designer paper from Basic Grey, a brad and 2 pieces of ribbon. She instructed us to use at least 2 of the 3 pieces of designer paper to create our card and also to use the brad. The ribbons were optional.

I used Jen’s of Iheart2stamps’s blog SFYTT sketch from 16th May to create my card. I also used one of my Jessica Lynn Original owls that I received recently. As the designer papers had pink in them I decided my pirate would be a female … so I colored her hat pink. I did cheat on the brad and swapped it for some I had similar as I needed 2 for my card not 1 … hopefully Deb won’t mind hehe!

ccee-pirate-owl-in-wm Here is the inside of my card, I used the sentiment from the Stampendous Pirate owls that I have.

Additional Optional Challenge

In observance of Memorial Day as celebrated in the US, many of the CCEE girls are sending the cards they made today to Cards for Heroes.org . These cards are then forwarded to service men to be used in communicating with their families as well as acknowledging important dates such as birthdays, anniversaries and etc. in their families. If you would like to thank a serviceman by donating your card please click here.......

Recipe:

Stamps: Pirate Owl – Jessica Lynn Original; Ahoy – High Hopes; Ahooooy There Matey – Stampendous

Paper: White; Close To Cocoa & Pretty In Pink – SU; Bittersweet DP – Basic Grey

Other: Black Ink; Embossed Zigzag Border Punch; Circle Nestabilities; Circle Punches; Brads; Pink Grosgrain Ribbon; Foam Tape; Copics

5 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

how cute is this pirate owl.....only you would have a pirate owl stamp, Hootsie

Cindy Haffner said...

She is a fine female pirate Owl Frances I love her!!!!!!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Too cute and fun Hoots!! This sketch works fabulously with your darling pirate!!

Lisa Foster said...

This is SOOO CUTE!!!!! I love it, Frances! Pretty colors!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

I never thought I'd see the day that the wise one would not follow a challenge rule. Boy, I got to buzz Tosh and now I get to buzz you! Woot! And I'm beating Gertie to the buzzer cuz she's probably fast asleep since she can't stay up late like the rest of us owls.
Ok, seriously, this is really cute. I like the circles behind the main image.