Saturday, March 14, 2009

Together Like Bees and Honey!

Hi everyone!

I have another Elzybells sneak peek to share with you today! Elzybells Art Stamps will be releasing new stamps this coming Monday 16th March.

My card today uses stamps from two of the new sets that will be released, "Faux Postage" & "Mini Messages - Critters". The first is a set that includes a series of different sized postage stamp and some post related sentiments ... for any one wanting to have a go at faux post this is a fantastic set to get. The second set contains 9 cute mini stamps and 18 different sentiments which relate to the images included in the set ... these are great to use with the faux post set, but of course would also be perfect to use on their own.

It has been a number of years since I have made anything faux post related so it was fun to play around with these sets. I stamped the postage stamp 4 times on my card so that it resembles stamps that are in a set. I stamped the postage stamp onto a post it note and created a reverse mask so that when I stamped the mini stamps into the centre of the postage stamp it didn't go where I didn't want it. I also added paper piercing in between each postage stamp.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the Elzybells Design Team's blogs to see some more sneak peeks ... you can find the links to their blogs on my side bar. I will be back tomorrow with another Elzybells card for you.

Recipe:
Stamps:
Faux Postage & Mini Messages Critters -Elzybells Art Stamps
Paper: White; Black; More Mustard - SU; DP - Darcies
Other: Black Ink; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; Black Grosgrain Ribbon; Black Brads; Label Tag Die; Foam Tape; Copics



9 comments:

Eva said...

Fabulous card Frances! awesome use of the images and the colors are outstanding!

Cindy Haffner said...

Those are cute stamps Frances.

Betty J Schaub said...

So cute!! Love the honey comb!!!

Rachel Hope said...

Adorable!!!! Love the paper, layout...everything!

Anonymous said...

I love this Frances, great honeycomb paper!

:D

Mrs Mayne said...

This is great Frances - I love the background paper - perfect for those images! x

Christi Flores said...

Awww..how sweet! That dp is perfect for that image!

simplyfairies said...

Wow, I love it, espesh the backing paper to match a honeycombe... brilliant...

Anonymous said...

You were so dang creative with the bee stuff in the faux postage, this is adorable!!